Best integrated amp for under £250?

So I have been using my fathers Technics SU-610, the thing has lasted 20 odd years but it is seemingly now on its last legs. The speaker connections are only working correctly on the B channel right side. Dad is an electrician so he'll have a look at it before I give it up but for now I am looking for new amp.

The speakers I am using are a pair of Mission 760i's (also 20+ years old and still doing a great job). I am also using a Technics SL-BD22 turntable but I'll soon be upgrading that for a Rega P1.

The music I listen to varies and really isn't restricted to any one genre. I listen to a lot of indie and rock music though.

My budget is around £200 but I may be able to stretch that to £250.

I have been looking at the Onkyo A9010, at £199 its on the edge of my budget but from what I had read it seems to be one of the best at the price. I also saw the Yamaha AS501 for £230, which looks like a decent buy. Then there is the Denon PMA720AE which is £150 in silver or £180 in black.
So does anybody have any recommendations?

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ryan Burgess said:
So I have been using my fathers Technics SU-610, the thing has lasted 20 odd years but it is seemingly now on its last legs. The speaker connections are only working correctly on the B channel right side. Dad is an electrician so he'll have a look at it before I give it up but for now I am looking for new amp.

The speakers I am using are a pair of Mission 760i's (also 20+ years old and still doing a great job). I am also using a Technics SL-BD22 turntable but I'll soon be upgrading that for a Rega P1.

The music I listen to varies and really isn't restricted to any one genre. I listen to a lot of indie and rock music though.

My budget is around £200 but I may be able to stretch that to £250.

I have been looking at the Onkyo A9010, at £199 its on the edge of my budget but from what I had read it seems to be one of the best at the price. I also saw the Yamaha AS501 for £230, which looks like a decent buy. Then there is the Denon PMA720AE which is £150 in silver or £180 in black.

So does anybody have any recommendations?

These are pretty good for the money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gemtune-SA-50-Amplifier-Adapter-Standard/dp/B00KBIV1WW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441521281&sr=8-1&keywords=smsl+50

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to audition them to make a decision, I'd add in the Marantz PM6005. It'll stretch your budget by £9 at Richer Sounds but is a great amp for the money. I haven't heard the others you mention so I won't offer an opinion on how it will compare but it's definitely worth including in your list in my view.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
If it were my money I would go for this having owned one in the past and it is a superb piece of kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROTEL-RA-05-SE-Remote-controlled-AMPLIFIER-/151801162482?hash=item23580deaf2

At £150 it is a steal in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts