Best Home Cinema set-up disc for LCD???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I recently purchased a Tosh 42x3030db 1080p LCD and Samsung HTX30R surround system and would like to pick the "forumites"(?) brains as to which set-up disc I should be looking for to calibrate the a/v.

Is Avia still regarded as the best one to go for? I've heard that some of the tests they offer are not relevant to modern set-ups? If anyone can suggest any discs or provide links to some reviews I would be really grateful!

Any/all help (as usual!
emotion-5.gif
) is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
emotion-5.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Is this for DVD? I recently got Terminator 2 on Blu-Ray from the US (I know, but I couldn't resist for £8.99!) and it has a "THX Optimizer" on it which I ran through and noticed a reasonable increase in the quality of the picture on other movies as well as this one. I think it's available on some UK Harry Potter DVD as well (though having never seen any of the films, I can't tell you which one!).

A

Anonymous

The UK PAL DVD of Revenge of The Sith also has a version of the THX optimiser on it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your help, but I'm actually lookin to buy/rent/loan a dedicated set-up disc. i have tried using a THX optimizer on certain discs but the majority of them have a section where u need special filter type glasses (which I don't have)! :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts