Best hi-fi systems 2020: micro, hi-fi, vinyl

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
Barely any of these are what I'd describe as a system. Only two have a source AND speakers, the rest have to have something added to make them a system. A set of active speakers is not a system, it's a pair of speakers with no sound coming out of them without a source!

crumpet

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a preferably quality all-in one system with CD (and SACD would be a definite plus). Airplay2 would also be a nice plus via ETHERNET, but it MUST be free of any radiation devices: definitely NO Bluetooth and NO wi-fi. I am making my living space Bluetooth free and wi-fi free (not just because Bluetooth is lossy and generally low quality). Marantz used to make some systems that would be perfect - e.g the Melody series - unfortunately, they now come with Bluetooth, which rules them out. Any suggestions?

Tinman1952

I am looking for a preferably quality all-in one system with CD (and SACD would be a definite plus). Airplay2 would also be a nice plus via ETHERNET, but it MUST be free of any radiation devices: definitely NO Bluetooth and NO wi-fi. I am making my living space Bluetooth free and wi-fi free (not just because Bluetooth is lossy and generally low quality). Marantz used to make some systems that would be perfect - e.g the Melody series - unfortunately, they now come with Bluetooth, which rules them out. Any suggestions?
The Marantz M-CR612 is a nice unit and won a EISA award in 2019/20 for best compact stereo system. Normally if you connect an Ethernet cable it turns off the wireless board. As for Bluetooth everything has it built in these days but if you don’t select that input and don‘t enter pairing mode….you should be good to go 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts