best hi-fi system for less than £100 challenge

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A friend of mine wants an hi-fi mainly because they dont have one and because his wife is partially deaf in one ear and she finds the TV is not clear or load enough and they enjoy watching music channels a lot, rather than let them go and but something rubbish from argos I offerd to find them the best hi-fi system for there cash and £100 is what was quoted as they have a DVD player that covers playing Cd`s and so far I have worked out that getting

a Cambridge audio AM1 amp (£69) and some eltax concept mini speakers (£19) would fit nicely with in budget leaving change for speaker wire and interconnects (£10),

so you you think this set up will work well as the amp is soo modestly powered? and does anyone know of any better deals oh and as they have kids any sugestions on how to stop them wrecking it?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
heros rule:

A friend of mine wants an hi-fi mainly because they dont have one and because his wife is partially deaf in one ear ...

One with a balance control ... no offense (!)

A

Anonymous

I think you would get more bang for your buck by buying some small Wharfedales (e.g. 9.0) or Q Acoustics (1010's) and then spend a couple of tenners on a reliable s/h amp like a Pioneer SA-506/606 or similar.

A

Anonymous

nice i never thought of intergrated speakers, but does it have more than one input?

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
A

Anonymous

sorry, total waste of time. Buy an Aiwa midi system.

A

Anonymous

Kevin1:sorry, total waste of time. Buy an Aiwa midi system.

Thought about that but most midi/micro systems ive seen for less than £100 are dire most dont even get past 10W mark and the speakers and integrated cd players are usualy terrible. there are some exceptions were i could change the speakers and use the external dvd player witch is what i did with a 50w Hitachi micro system a few years back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts