Best headphones with a mic for voice and video calls 2021

Xhizors

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
Sony XM series does not have a Mute Mic function!! How are they even on this list at all, let alone 1st place ?!
They are propably sponsoring whathifi.

Reactions: mathieu

RPawsey

Dec 7, 2021
Visit site
I came here because I have a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania and the microphone is terrible to the point I have had to stop using them for video calls because so many say they can't hear me properly.

I also have a pair of AKG Y500s that worked great up to the point a Microsoft update stopped the microphone working in Windows and Samsung (who own the AKG brand) just shrugged.

If this list is really about the best headphones for use with a video call they really should only include those with effective microphones and that work with the most common operating system for video calls in the professional world.

mathieu

Dec 1, 2022
Visit site
Sony XM series does not have a Mute Mic function!! How are they even on this list at all, let alone 1st place ?!
They are propably sponsoring whathifi.
Not only that, but the selectivity of the mic is appalling: my co-workers have been complaining since I bought them that they can hear my partner speaking from the other end of the apartment at least as well as they hear me. I came to this site looking for recommendations for a different headset, the only recommendation I get from that 1st place and from the airpods pro 2 showing up twice on the list is to not use this site for reliable reviews.

weakglutes

Dec 28, 2022
Visit site
This entire page is almost completely useless for the title "Best headphones with a mic for voice and video calls 2022". Not a single item on this list has a boom Mic.

My Plantronics V5200 (yes, a 1-ear device) with 4 noise canceling mics and - *gasps* - a MICROPHONE IN FRONT OF YOUR MOUTH - will provide far superior voice quality and noise cancellation than any single device on this list.

If you're looking for "the best headphones with a mic for voice and video calls in 2022", not a single one on this list will fit your needs. Maybe "Best headphones if you're using your own condenser mic and don't need noise cancellation in 2022" perhaps.

But on every single one of these devices, the microphone is an afterthought and is in a really sub-optimal position.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts