BEST HEADPHONES EARPHONES FOR I-POD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking for some new earphones to replace my Senheiser CX300s, these little earphones are terrific, great bass, sound. Now, after some reading up on earphones, it seems like there are better sounding earphones out there for clarity like the Shures, but always acompanied by 'the bass doesn't get as low as the CX300s'. which to me Bass is very very important (as nearly all my music is dance, high tempo beats, basically Gym music)

So my question is, what's the best earphones out there right now that's reasonably priced (like no more than 130 pounds, there's no way I can justify paying more for the earphones than the I-pod itself!) great sound (obviously) and the best for producing bass? are they the Senheiser CX300s? because if they are, I'll happily buy another pair if this the case, but I was wondering if any of you audiophiles have any other recomendations that you think are so good that you have to tell the whole world on how good they are.... "oh man! you gotta audition these <blank> they are so frigging, ear-lobe shaking, good!"
emotion-2.gif

Mucho Grasias to anybody responding, cheers.. oh, and this has nothing to do with what I wrote so far but I would like to say I also own a pair of Senheiser's PXC150 (the noise cancelling ones?) and they're utter rubbish!, the worst £70 i ever spent, they're not loud enough and they don't even do a good noise of cancelling outside sound and everytime I make a movement, the mic picks it up giving interference, how it got 5 stars by WHFI is a mystery to me to be honest.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
How about the new Sennheiser MX560? Only £19.99 and have a 'Basswind System' for lower bass and claim a 19-20,000Hz frequency response.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well if you do want another pair of Sennheiser CX300 earphones, we're giving away free pairs to new subscribers - so that's £20.91 for six issues of the mag (which will include the Awards issue) plus a new pair of headphones. Click here for full details.

Re the noise-cancelling Sennheisers - as well as the team rating them highly, i've personally used various iterations of the PXC designs over the years (including currently), and never suffered the microphone interference you describe - apart from when I once accidentally clipped the battery unit to my mobile phone! I suspect you may have had a faulty pair.

However, a good pair of in-ears offers even better noise isolation, non-electronically, and if you're happy with their snug fit, there are some great options @£50.

As well as the Sennheisers, consider the Shure SE110 and the Goldring GX200 (especially with the Comply buds for better bass).

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I second the SHUREW vote, look around and you will be able to pick up sure se3's or se2's within your budget. These blow the senheizers out of the water IMHO. They do have a very invasive fit though so be prepared for that. I had a pair of se530s (around £230 if you shop around) and they are simply stunning. Have to be heard to belived. The lower end models get most of the performance for a lot less price. Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS