Best HD media server?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question; but; I have have just been round to a friends house and he has copied all his Blu Ray and DVDs' onto a media server box that is plugged straight into his tv. I would like to get one but the one he has which is a Divco seems quite pricey! Can anybody advise of a similar thing please? I do not need a PVR as I have a 1Tb Sky box.

Thanks

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have tried a few media players and I have settled on the Netgear NeoTV 550 at the minute, very nice interface, plys blu-ray .iso files without a problem and lots of new feature development by Netgear. To add the storage you want, you can just plug in a USB or eSata hard drive in the back.

A

Anonymous

I have tried all types of media servers, and so far I am just blown away by the capability of Apple TV. Naturally it needs modified but that is a breeze. The latest model plays anything after the mod and it pulls the media directly from your computer.

The computer does NOT need to be a Mac and the Apple TV will also stream from the internet in HD. I have yet to find a better solution. However Ibeing open minded there very well be something better out there. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear.
smiley-embarassed.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts