BEST FREE SOFTWARE FOR EDITING MP3 FILES?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
What is the best software for editing a MP3 file? For example I have a song but want to create a new file of a small part of the song say for a mobile phone ring tone? Also can you do this from a movie sound track on a dvd???

A

Anonymous

I use Cool Edit Pro, now known as Adobe Audition

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/Cool-Edit-Pro.shtml

A

Anonymous

I use it too. It's very good. You should be able to get a crack online somewhere. Oooops, I wouldn't know anything about that though.

A

Anonymous

That looks good stuff, Andrew.

Some of my CDs have a big chunk of silence, in one case for 20 minutes, after the last track is over, as a lead in to the sometimes pointless hidden piece. Now maybe I can edit that out and create the more worthy hidden tracks as a separate file.

A

Anonymous

There should be a locked thread for tips like this to be deposited in and available for reference. You're a fount of knowledge Mr. E.
emotion-21.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
i know one shouldnt do this, probably, so let me know if im breaking any rules.

Anyway, i sometimes need to edit songs (because the endings are lengthy and boring - or to get rid of a rubbish bonus track several minutes after the last song on the cd) and cut the end off, with a fade out to make it easier. I do this b in nero 6, but, AFAIK, its then necassary to burn the file and rip it again. Could Audacity do this for me without me having to re-burn the track - by just leaving the resulting file in an easily accessible file...?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="al7478"]Anyone...?[/quote]

Yes. (I am presuming that you want to edit a wav or mp3 on your local drive?)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Holloway, sorry if im late replying. Yes, i just want to edit WAV and MP3 files without the need to burn and rip them again. ive recently realised this may be possible with nero anyway, but i keep thinking Audacity may be worth a look, so as its free i might aswell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts