best equipment rack for a 50 inch screen ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,going to buy a 50 inch plasma and just wanting some advice on what you would say in your opinion is the best stand to get for it.price range about £350 - £400.

A

Anonymous

Can't argue with Andrew. My HiFi is on Atacama Equinox 5 tier. Great isolation, solid build and pleasing on the eye. There is a choice of colours for both the metalwork and the glass shelves, including piano black.

Having said that, check out the Modus S2 Icon Cube from the S&C Group (sometimes referred to as Icon). I have seen this advertised for £500 but I got mine through Amazon for £300 inc. delivery. It is seriously sexy if your 50" is also piano black. But be warned. It weighs a ton!!

A

Anonymous

This is something I had not thought of. With turntables and Hi Fi speakers etc. you automatically think of the best stands to isolate the gear from vibration and such. How much does the stand affect the performance of a Plasma tv? Andrew says the sound on the average tv is pants, but could it be better if on a good stand? Most stands advertised with the tv's look flimsy especially the glass ones but are still expensive.

A

Anonymous

A lot will depend on your floor. How solid, how even and its covering?. Make sure your stand is as level and stable as possible. Nothing worse than your prize possession toppling over!!

A good stand will at least maintain your tv's sound producing alility. For a marked improvement you would have to go down the A/V amp and speakers route.

A

Anonymous

the floor is not so important. the stand has sharp screw in points. just dont try and drag it when there in. the atacama you want is not the 5 tier mentioned above. it is the base plus 1 shelf. it will cost you 400 quid. i paid 360 at sevenoaks. the boxes are quite big mind. it is wide enough for 2 components width on each shelf and the middle shelf is excellent for your middle speaker. this stand is SOLID and HEAVY.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/atacama_equinox_av_stand.shtml

I have the Equinox AV. It looks great and is really solid.

A

Anonymous

have you got the 3 shelf stand or the 2 ? and if the 3 it's not to high for viewing is it.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that, going to order the 3 shelf stand tomorrow.Now I just need to find the best price........

TRENDING THREADS