Best desktop computer speakers 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi Thanks for the article.
I was wondering why the abscence of usb input is not mentioned for the KEF LSX but "no usb input" is mentioned for the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 as a reason to aviod? Why the difference?

CHeers
Sander

northlondon

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
You should really add Edifier's line of powered bookshelf speakers to this list. I have two sets of their speakers, one for my kitchen and another on my computer desk, and while a little bigger than traditional 'computer' speakers, they provide much better power and range with a convenient remote as well.
cf. https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/studio-1280t-2.0-powered-bookshelf

Agreed. They are also happier at moderate volumes than the premium units I auditioned (not so well at high though) which suits me fine for desktop speakers. Mine are now paired with a Zen Blue DAC and they sound well beyond the (literal) sum of their parts, to my ear.

mikebabcock

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
Agreed. [The Edifiers] are also happier at moderate volumes than the premium units I auditioned (not so well at high though) which suits me fine for desktop speakers. Mine are now paired with a Zen Blue DAC and they sound well beyond the (literal) sum of their parts, to my ear.
I simply plugged mine into the TOSLink connector on my PC although I was tempted to get the m-Audio USB unit instead. No analog noise here.

Dave M

May 31, 2021
Visit site
You should really add Edifier's line of powered bookshelf speakers to this list. I have two sets of their speakers, one for my kitchen and another on my computer desk, and while a little bigger than traditional 'computer' speakers, they provide much better power and range with a convenient remote as well.
cf. https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/studio-1280t-2.0-powered-bookshelf
Yes, also because Edifier is easily purchased in the US. Many of the speakers listed here are not

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts