Best connectivity for Denon1940/Onkyo TX-SA605

lazza20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I have the above plus Sky HD, PS3, Panasonic TH42PX600B TV and Q Acoustics 1010i's. I am really pleased with the results i get from my system and currently run everything through HDMI (plus optical cable for the Sky HD for 5.1) My question is; I believe I should change my connectivity on the Denon in order to benefit from the SACD, therefore is the best set up component & analogue 5.1 or component & digital optical. Which of these will give me best performance from all formats, or is there an alternative set up?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
lazza20:
I have the above plus Sky HD, PS3, Panasonic TH42PX600B TV and Q Acoustics 1010i's. I am really pleased with the results i get from my system and currently run everything through HDMI (plus optical cable for the Sky HD for 5.1) My question is; I believe I should change my connectivity on the Denon in order to benefit from the SACD, therefore is the best set up component & analogue 5.1 or component & digital optical. Which of these will give me best performance from all formats, or is there an alternative set up?

You can still use hdmi. I would try hdmi and coaxial first. That's I have mine set up. Hdmi and analogue might be better, it depends on which is more musical I suppose, the 1940 or the 605. I don't think there will be a lot in it so for easy sake, hdmi and coaxial.

lazza20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I will buy some more cables and give it a go. It would be nice if the manuals were a tad more helpful..... Anybody out there with the same components who can give a definitive answer???

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
lazza20:Thanks for the responses. I will buy some more cables and give it a go. It would be nice if the manuals were a tad more helpful..... Anybody out there with the same components who can give a definitive answer???

I'm selling my 1940 as we speak but you can definitely have hdmi and analogue audio together. Your receiver will let you pair the two up (ie. dvd hdmi - analogue, Sky HD hdmi - optical).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts