best cabling advice

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
ive got a nad 315 bee amp . sony s370 blu ray player and mf v-dac

also got nordost 0.6 run of quattro fil coax from 5/6 years ago in drawer

is the dac on the vdac better than the s370 and will using the nordost a good idea ? i know its old ... and will i get a better sound ( i use either my mission 780se or my senns hd600 for listening ) .. stereo use only

T

the record spot

It's probably more than you need - is it silver cable? If so you might find it a tad bright. Basically, for the gear you have, you don't need to go to Nordost's other interconnects...and try copper if you find it too bright.

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
cable is black ... but its nto offfical .. was off teh self and the dealed termionated it himself .. the .6m cost me £200 at teh time .. was worth over doble that at least normally... but its been in my drawer for years doing nothing

T

the record spot

Ah, sorry, I should've explained. I meant is the wire in the around which the black cable sheath sits made of silver strands? If so, some find that silver makes the sound a little bright, trebly, and the like. Copper core cable would probably add a little more warmth and tame any brightness, but give your wire a try. Nordost has a lot of fans out there.

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
well i was curious if the dac was beter in the vdac compared to the sony as well .. i originaly had just the vdac connected to the pc and then to amp .. with sony connected to amp .. but i'm trying also the coax of sony to vdac and then vdac to amp

T

the record spot

I'd imagine the V-DAC is the better of the two - but in truth, I've got the S370 and it's an excellent player. A little bright, but good bass and a nice midrange, that's on the light side with standard CD. To be fair, these are minor quibbles as there isn't a million miles between it and my main CDP. For £150, it's an easy 5 star player, so up against one costing four times as much, it's not doing badly. How the two would compare, I don't know, but would think the V-DAC should edge it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts