Best budget/mid price system for badly recorded rock

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I listen to a lot of badly recorded rock/punk from the 70's and 80's (think the misfits) and am wondering what brands and combinations thereof would be most suitable for this kind of thing. I can't empahasize enough just how wretched the sound quality of a lot of the albums really is - not that it should matter to the music. Obviosly I'd like to avoid a particularly 'hi-fi' sound, but on the other hand don't want something dull, woolly and boring either. I'm not really into listening to recordings, so is it actually worth spending a considerable amount of money if your taste in music is a little.... unsophisticated? Perhaps a low cost receiver with a budget cdp and speakers would do just as well, but I'm not sure.

(I don't mean to offend but it seems that a majority of hi-fi enthusiasts are people in their 40's or older who tend to like mostely well recorded jazz or classical, vocal, opera etc)

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello captain,i'm in my 40's and still listen to the sex pistols the stranglers 23 skidoo and a host of other punk alt music and jazz, rock,classical not to mention silly pop song's and your right it's the music that matters but a well balanced system will bring out more of the music that matters.not knowing your budget i would check out the usual suspects,richer sounds and superfi you can pick up something for around £300.00 that should do the trick.brands to look at are cambridge,pioneer,rotel,mission,acoustic energy,mordaunt short.good luck,gregory.

A

Anonymous

the budget is about 900 pounds ($3000 NZD), more if I thought it would be worth it. So NAD, Rotel, Marantz? Combinations? For eg would the new marantz CD6002 go well with the Rotel RA-04?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts