Best Blu Ray player upgrade to match Denon AVR 2310, Pioneer 5090, B&W MT30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am wondering if it is worth replacing my Sony BDPS550.I ask as the current £250 deal for Pioneer LX52 Bluray looks very tempting.

Any one have opinions / views on this. Would I see or hear a difference with the set up I have?

My Set-Up - Denon AVR 2310 Receiver, Pioneer 5090 TV, B&W MT30 Speakers, Marantz C6000SE CD Player

I am buying a Philips 40PFL7605 for a seperate room (second TV) so the Sony BDPS550 would be used for that. Due to wife toddler proofing requirements! My Roksan Kandy MKII amp and pair of Quad 11Ls have been put into storage until they are permitted again!

Advice and Tips please! Hoping to make a decision soon!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Kaye,

The Pioneer BDP-LX52 is definitely up a notch or two in terms of picture quality and sound to the Sony and would look glorious on your 5090 screen.

Ronald

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I think if you have £250 to spend then I'd look at the Sony BDPS570 which will also give you £80 or so towards some new cables/blu rays etc.. The other alternative is the Pioneer BDPLX53 which can be had for a little over £200

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
grdunn123:

The other alternative is the Pioneer BDPLX53 which can be had for a little over £200

......although the LX-52 is a full-fledged Pioneer product while the LX-53 is a Pioneer-Sharp collaboration.

I have owned the LX-52 myself and the richness and depth of it's presentation along with the sound quality was better than my Sony S370 although not quite as good as the Denon 2500BT.

A

Anonymous

All thanks for the very quick responses will consider these as well. Just to clarify I am not so much constrained by budget as such. Just don't want to upgrade to a point which is overkill in relation to my set-up.

The LX-52 deal caught my eye which triggered the question re: best current upgrade deal.

What I would like a steer on is what would be the best bluray player to match the set-up I have, open to spending more if it can be justified. I am not overally concerned by the latest internet connectivity etc. just want best picture and sound for my money.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Bought the bdp lx52 to go with my pioneer amp/tv. Very pleased with it. I thought that the pqls function would be great however this means the blu ray is doing the decoding and not the amp. Wont be compatable with your denon anyway. Dont get too hung up on this feature though. A great product at a very attractive price!!! No iphone control on it though, you will have to get the 53 for that!!

TRENDING THREADS