Best audiophile headphones

Stefan

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Wow.. such a long list with many headphones that are not really 2020 new releases like the SE425 and SE846 from Shure.. but no Audeze mentioned, which I bet the iSINE20 or any LCD offer better sound quality than many of those mentioned by you.

Reactions: EMMOORE

EMMOORE

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Although I know many of the headphones in this article are good, I do find it odd that Audez LCD headphones are not represented.

When I purchased my LCD 2, I was initially allowed to try various headphones including Focal and Grado at a similar price. I am a musician and I found the LCDs to be more natural reflecting how I would hear instruments live and I also felt they had a more spacious sound-stage so that each instrument could be picked out easily. The bass also sounded more realistic. So it surprised me when I did not see them listed. Is there a reason?

If anyone is interested, I also own a Chord Mojo and that is so good with the LCDs.

Friesiansam

Wow.. such a long list with many headphones that are not really 2020 new releases like the SE425 and SE846 from Shure.. but no Audeze mentioned, which I bet the iSINE20 or any LCD offer better sound quality than many of those mentioned by you.
This is a "round-up of the best audiophile headphones you can buy in 2020 " not a list of new headphones released in 2020. Also, we can all think of headphones we think should be included, eg Beyerdynamic T5Ps but, you can't expect everything to be included.

BTW, the Shure SRH1540s are great for the money, especially if you take the trouble to find a good price.

Reactions: soswishy

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
This is a "round-up of the best audiophile headphones you can buy in 2020 " not a list of new headphones released in 2020. Also, we can all think of headphones we think should be included, eg Beyerdynamic T5Ps but, you can't expect everything to be included.

BTW, the Shure SRH1540s are great for the money, especially if you take the trouble to find a good price.

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Paint it any way you want guys ! You simply can not ignore audeze . I have lcd x / lcd 3 . Both will blow this lot out of the water . Bit like an headphone amp lineup without the word chord ? Come on !

D

Deleted member 188533

This is really a horrible list. I think it's a list of 'the headphones we tested' more than anything. The HD820 over the 800/800S? Really? Grado ear murder as number 1? The reviewer must have some high frequency hearing loss. :LOL: Amiron over the 1990 Pro, T1 or T5P? No Audeze? No HiFiMan?

Reactions: Lifu

rupert3k

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Like others i'm surprised Audeze didn't make the list. I've never heard and certainly can't afford a pair yet based on reputation they are the headphones I aspire to. I own an older pair of polished 325's which I pulled the badge off and fitted donuts to mimic PS1000 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Lifu

toymotor

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I bought grado sr80 and the sound was pleasing. However the gimbals snapped very soon. I can't say I'm rough on my kit but they were always coming apart. They are very flimsy with some really cheap brittle plastic. I wish someone would make a middle of the range Headphone that sounded good and was robust enough for everyday use.

wool

Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
Although I know many of the headphones in this article are good, I do find it odd that Audez LCD headphones are not represented.

If anyone is interested, I also own a Chord Mojo and that is so good with the LCDs.

I fully admit I'm currently sipping tea and listening to a playlist from John Darko on LCD-X+Mojo. (Yeah, the Mojo is being a desktop DAC).

Seriously though. Audeze? Hifiman? Stax?

Jul 5, 2022
Visit site
Whose genius decision was it to rank the Grado SR-325x at #1 and the Focal Utopia at #15? I'm not knocking the $295 SR-325x but the Focal Utopia is an iconic headphone that costs $4,400. You'd be lucky to get it used for $3,000. It's Focal's flagship. It uses beryllium drivers. It's got bigger drivers. It comes with a case. It has a detachable cable. Its pads are thicker and more comfortable. It is widely regarded as either the most detailed dynamic or on a short list with the HD800s.

I have the $1,500 Focal Clear and the SR-325x is no match for it. How did the 325 somehow climb to the top - beating out the Stax SR-009 and SR-007? How did it zoom past the Audeze LCD-4, let alone the LCD-5? How did it beat the GS-3000 and the PS1000? How did it beat the PS-500?

Reactions: Lifu and Navanski

N7NobodyCats

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
"We've assembled the best audiophile headphones below. And they're not necessarily prohibitively expensive – great value sound quality does exist, so don't discount more affordable options."

these feel prohibitively expensive... especially that $5,000 one at the end... when i read this, i was thinking "oh, ill find something decent that isnt hundreds of dollars, but then i go through the list and theyre all 300 or muuuuch higher... is there a list for something thats 100 or below? i want good headphones but im not trying to drop a pos cars worth into them. if i wanted that id just get a sound system with that money instead of headphones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts