Best amp for Sacd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a pair of B&W 683 speakers and a Denon DCD1500AE sacd/cd player, what are peoples recommendations for an amplifier.

i can spend between £600 - £1000, obviously the less the better
emotion-1.gif
, but willing to spend £1000 if the sound is right.

Can I only get sacd playback if the amp has a digital connection?

Thanks for your help.

Ally

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the DCD-1500AE only outputs from SACD via stereo analogue connections - the digital outputs only work from CD.

The Denon PMA-1500AE is the obvious partner, at about £550, and is rather good IMO. Otherwise any good stereo amplifier will suit you well - think along the lines of entry-level Cyrus, Roksan, Naim, etc...

A

Anonymous

I don't know if this may be a red herring but bare in mind that it may be of relevance.

I read something written by AVI that for the ADM9.1 they redesigned the power amp to take account for the new 24bit material that is to be played, specifically, the increased dynamic range of 120db, rather than 96db of CD.

SACD isn't strictly the same - it's 1bit DSD - but the dynamic range is still 120db, and I think the freq. response is higher too (100khz?!) so if the above is really relevant it would be beneficial to purchase an amplifier that is designed around the requirements of SACD.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I think the fact that Denon's DCD1500AE is an SACD player, the PMA1500AE (it's partner in crime) will have been produced with SACD playback in mind.[/quote]

Indeed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies.

I had bought the Denon as an ex-display model and didn't get the manual, didn't ralise SACD only went through the analog connections.

Has anybody any experience of the Denon PMA1400E amp and the ROKSAN Kandy Inegrated Amp LIII ??

Should have said I listen to all types of music.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Ally

A

Anonymous

What made you say the Roksan amp? Has it had a good review recently?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="darrenwm1"]

What made you say the Roksan amp? Has it had a good review recently?[/quote]

Its an amp I've always heard good things about, just wondered if it was worth the extra money over the Denon PMA-1500AE.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts