Best Amp for Monitor Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my current Blu-ray / Amp setup. I currently have a PS3, Onkyo TX-SR605 with the Monitor Audio Radius R90-AV12 speaker pack.

I was thinking of the Sony BDP-S760 with the Denon AVR-2310, will they work well with my speakers..?

Thanks in advance.

I will urge you to demo the amps because they sound very different from one another. For the money of the Denon 2310, you can get a Yamaha RX-V2065 which is a higher spec model. Yamahas are known to partner excellently with Monitor Audio speakers. Even I've got the Monitor Audio Radius HD - Yamaha combination, & it's superb!

A

Anonymous

I would second that, I have the RX range up front and although the AVR-1910 sounds excellent with these, I have demo-ed a RXV1065 and that sounded even better.

Once I have changed my sub next week to an MA one, a Yamaha RXV is on the cards.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice, I haven't seen a What Hi-Fi review of the RX-V2065 does anyone know if one is planned soon?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick, will the Sony Blu-ray payer work well with the Yamaha?

John707:Thanks Rick, will the Sony Blu-ray payer work well with the Yamaha?

Hi John707

Yes, the Sony Blu ray player will be just fine with the Yamaha AV amp.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I have monitor audio R270 fronts R90 rear and ASW12 with Yahama RXV 1065 perfect match for me. Music and film .

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all the Monitor Audio aficionados out there, I am interested in the 2065, but might wait for the "thumbs up" from the What Hi-Fi team.
The reason I was looking at the Denon was I've just bought the AVR-1910 for the girlfriend, along with the new Q Acoustics 2000 Cinima Pack and was quite impressed with the Denon compared to my Onkyo.
I was even thinking of swapping my Onkyo for the Denon...!
I might try for a demo of the 2065 this weekend.

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
If for no other reason than to redress the Yamaha imbalance here, I would trumpet the Sony S760 /MA Radius HD/ Denon 2310 combo (see system below ). Sounded amazing....... until the amplification circuit went on the Denon - now back with them being looked at. In the meantime I have hooked up my old analogue Yamaha amp (DSP AX 620) to the analogue outs on the Sony player to maintain HD audio, with excellent results. Apart from not having the front height speakers in use, I'm not missing the Denon as much as I expected.

So, what I think I'm saying now is; you won't go wrong with either the Denon or Yamaha linking the Sony and MAs.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
nice to know one can still use old analogue amps . If there is no need to upscaling features and as long as it has audio delay, it works just nice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts