Best amp and CD Player package for around £500??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I will soon be looking at buying a seperates system for my living room, and would like a nice sounding bit of kit for the money. Any ideas what would be the best amp and cd player combo i could get on that budget, obviously its flexible to a certain degree! I already know which speakers i'm after so thats no problem. Oh and preferably the player would be able to handle mp3's and have plenty of features for me to fiddle with in order to get the best sound.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Well firstly I would ask the question what speakers are you looking at? and secondly are you looking to buy new or second hand?

and...

What music are you into?

A

Anonymous

Nad C315BEE integrated amplifier and C515 BEE CD player would be a good start, try and get a demo of them as a pair, see what you think.

A

Anonymous

hi fi newbie:

Well firstly I would ask the question what speakers are you looking at? and secondly are you looking to buy new or second hand?

and...

What music are you into?

I'm looking at the Mission m33i's and i'm looking at buying new everything. I like alsorts though, quite varied, mainly dance, rock and rap.

T

the record spot

Used will get you an Exposure 2010 for £250-£300 and a bit of haggling with a friendly dealer who's got a good matching amp will get you in the door for £500. I know you want new, but do bear in mind some dealers will offer a warranty for used gear (even a year in some cases, hello Billy Vee in London) and your money will go further.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Used will get you an Exposure 2010 for £250-£300 and a bit of haggling with a friendly dealer who's got a good matching amp will get you in the door for £500. I know you want new, but do bear in mind some dealers will offer a warranty for used gear (even a year in some cases, hello Billy Vee in London) and your money will go further.

There is one on ebay at the minute for £150 starting bid or £175 buy it now.. I take it thats a fair price is it?? But i have noticed there are no buttons on the front panel, is this right??

T

the record spot

The CD player has some basic control buttons on the front whilst the 2010s amp is pretty minimal too. You're looking at the Power amp, which needs a pre-amp (control section to handle the inputs, etc) so don't buy that unless you want to up your spend!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:The CD player has some basic control buttons on the front whilst the 2010s amp is pretty minimal too. You're looking at the Power amp, which needs a pre-amp (control section to handle the inputs, etc) so don't buy that unless you want to up your spend!

So what do i need, is it an integrated amp??

T

the record spot

If you're new, then yep (no disrespect but pre/power opens up a whole new set of questions and - barring a few examples - usually ups the budget); you have a lot of options in integrated amps just now as a whole load of product came on in the last year or two which breathed life into the 2 channel scene. Have a look at the Reviews pages on the site here to get an idea of what your money could get you.

Shops like Superfi and Richer Sounds as well as some of the independents, should be on the list to visit to get an idea of what's going. Plenty of price info on the web too, so easy to get an idea of how your pricing's going!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Shops like Superfi and Richer Sounds as well as some of the independents, should be on the list to visit to get an idea of what's going.

Well actually i'll be going to richer sounds for my new tv when the time comes, sometime before xmas probably so i can ask them then! Thanks for your help so far!

T

the record spot

No probs - happy hunting! I'm sure the others will chime in tomorrow too. Brace yourself!
emotion-2.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yep; fully agree with the NAD combo; it's a superb set-up for the price and good deals for them and the Mission speakers can be got at superfi.co.uk

The NAD separates would suit the Mission speakers and your music tastes well as well.

A

Anonymous

Well there are certainly a couple of options there to think about... Thanks for that, of course if you have any more suggestions, feel free!

A

Anonymous

The Marantz combo will be your best bet, IMO. They are going for a lot less than the RRP - new.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:The Marantz combo will be your best bet, IMO. They are going for a lot less than the RRP - new.

I'm not too sure.... How much cheaper are you talking? The cheapest i've found them is £229 each!!

TRENDING THREADS