Bel Canto

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering buying some Cyrus gear (after listening of course). Recently I stumbled upon the Bel Canto stuff. However, there's not much to read about on WH.

Anyone experience with this brand?

Any chance there new integrated C5i (with dac) get's a review on WH?

Regards,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
oldric_naubhoff said:
"the network is vast and infinite..." - Motoko's final words in Ghost in the Shell movie.

if you can't find useful information here search elsewhere :)

Another splendidly helpful anti-WHF post, Old Rick - you having a bad day or something?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Spockfish

I'm not generally a fan of Class D amps, but this is more musical than most of its type (as is the rest of their kit) - recommended....I prefer it to Cyrus.

Cno

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I went to an amplifier mini bake-off last year. We had a Squeezebox source and Impulse Tau speakers. One of the amps there was a Bel Canto Evo 2. I didn't like what it did to solo piano music. It made the piano sound artificial. I think that the Bel Canto was introducing a lot of distortion. Distortion that probably isn't harmonic, but may well be some kind of other distortion that is hard to measure with laboratory equipment, but is easy to hear with instruments like pianos.

A

Anonymous

Spockfish,

Have you ever auditioned a class D amp?

Before purchasing a class D amps, you should listen to them carefully, otherwise you may regret it. This kind of amplification is not for all. There are some who love class D amps and others who are not keen on.

With regard to the brand itself, no reason for concern at all. Bel Canto is one of most renowned American hi-fi stuff maker. I used to have a Bel Canto DAC1. Once, the previuos owner took it for a modification but he was told there was nothing to be replaced, excepting its opamps which weren't top line. Capacitor, resistors and resistors were all high audio grade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts