BDP-LX70A v PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI,

Ive been offerd a Pioneer bdp-lx70a blu ray player and was wondering if this would be an upgrade in picture and sound quality compared to my ps3? I have a vsx-lx70 amp so was hoping these 2 would pair up nicely?

I know that the player is quite old now but im always a bit behind on the latest gadgets!

Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved

Regards

D

Deleted member 2457

gary c said:
HI,

Ive been offerd a Pioneer bdp-lx70a blu ray player and was wondering if this would be an upgrade in picture and sound quality compared to my ps3? I have a vsx-lx70 amp so was hoping these 2 would pair up nicely?

I know that the player is quite old now but im always a bit behind on the latest gadgets!

Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved

Regards

Hi

I have had both and the 70a is excellent and would definitely be an upgrade for picture and sound. On the downside it is slow in operation and the DVD player is not great. Another positive it does work great with the amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback Gel. Yes i did hear that the loading times were a bit slow,im not to sure if that would bother me to much. Shame its not a good dvd player as well though as i do still watch normal dvds,i guess i could always use my ps3 for those.

Ive been offered it for £100 Bigboss. I see what you are saying about the updates as it is now conciderd an old player. I do like the look of the player as it would match nicely with my amp,though putting looks aside im guessing there are better players out there for not much more money that would work well with the amp?

My tv is only hd read Panasonic th-42px80,would you think it would be best to keep using the ps3 and keep the money to put towards aa full hd tv first? Im not to botherd with 3d or the apps on the latest tv though.

Sorry for all the questions!

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
£100 would buy you a very good new sparkling bdp,think mines going for £130 now,was £200 last year!!

the tv upgrade is probably the most important,but as your not interested in internet tv and such you could expect to get a decent set for reasonable money,you'll get plenty of recomendations from here if you ask the guys politely.... :grin:

hope this helps for now

graham

gary c said:
Thanks for the feedback Gel. Yes i did hear that the loading times were a bit slow,im not to sure if that would bother me to much. Shame its not a good dvd player as well though as i do still watch normal dvds,i guess i could always use my ps3 for those.

Ive been offered it for £100 Bigboss. I see what you are saying about the updates as it is now conciderd an old player. I do like the look of the player as it would match nicely with my amp,though putting looks aside im guessing there are better players out there for not much more money that would work well with the amp?

My tv is only hd read Panasonic th-42px80,would you think it would be best to keep using the ps3 and keep the money to put towards aa full hd tv first? Im not to botherd with 3d or the apps on the latest tv though.

Sorry for all the questions!

1) Any blu ray player will work well with your amp. It doesn't have to be Pioneer.

2) Your TV is HD ready only, & not full HD. You won't get the full benefits of a blu ray film. Your PS3 is itself an excellent blu ray & DVD player. I would recommend to keep your existing system & invest the funds into buying a full HD TV first.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for all your help, think i will start looking into a new tv first before i update my player,it seems the best thing to do first.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS