BD-live

nads

is it dead and nobody could be bothered?

just watched UP and thought i would see what disney is offering with BD-live.

At this time, the Disney BD-Live Network is available in the United
States and Canada.

so far i have not seen anything on BD live. in over a year of BD ownership.

sorry just another BD rant.

A

Anonymous

I tried it with a couple of discs when I first got my BD player. The slow speed connecting and having to ceate logins to register discs seemed a pain. I don't even know which discs have BD-Live or not now. I'm not bothered at all.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The few discs I have tried the BD LIVE features on all had nothing of extra value in regards to the movie on the disc merely trailers for other movies so I don't bother trying any BD LIVE features anymore
emotion-8.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Not something that bothers me at the moment anyway.

Tried one disc a while back (cannot remember which one) and all you could access was a silly little game.

nads

Oh yes, the make accounts for other studios, dont get me started...

as much as i like the HD (not bought a DVD in years) it really seems so full of empty promises and half truths.

A

Anonymous

BD-Live s just rubbish. For a bit of software now 4 years into market, its' performance is catastrophically poor, and with all manufacturers of discs refusing to allow the end user to choose a connection or not, the whole Blu-Ray experience is one of dull tedium while the wretched thing wheezes and groans to its' inconsequential conclusion, before allowing you access to your movie. And what of BD-Live itself? 90% of the time, after waiting ages for it to load up, you get a dull bunch of trailers that you can access far more easily if you wanted to via your pc anyway.

I can't wait for the Blu-Ray 'Experience' to be over. I'm looking towards a hyperband connection that allows me to simply buy a lifetime license for my particular movie (and its extras), that I can then stream remotely to any device of my choosing (incuding directly to my screen) and that'll be that. I think it's scandalous that Blu-Ray 'won' the format war, given how poor it can be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts