BBC One HD launches 3 November!

daveh75

"BBC Services on Digital Satellite are moving on Monday 18 October 2010

Listed below are the frequencies for BBC TV channels and radio stations available via satellite. The BBC is rationalising its service line-up on digital satellite, and from the early morning of Monday 18 October 2010, the service line-up will be as set-out in the chart below. Because of software limitations, BBC Red Button interactive channels are currently only available with Freesat or a Sky set-top box and viewing card.

Other free channels are also available, but some - such as Channel 4 and Five - are encrypted and require Freesat or a Sky set-top box and viewing card.

Viewers with a Freesat set-top box will not need to do anything, as the Freesat EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) will be updated to reflect these changes. If you experience a problem, it may be resolved by switching your Freesat box off, and then on again. If you see an on-screen message advising you to retune, please follow the instructions on-screen.

Viewers with a Free-to-Air receiver will need to retune to continue to receive the BBC services that are moving."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml
Scroll down to, 'Changes to the previous line-up of services on BBC DSAT4' and you'll see one of the changes is 'BBC One HD from Wednesday 3 November'

daveh75

YVW...

And watch this space, because if the BBC follow the usual convention, they'll probably start test broadcasts within the next few days (it's usual for broadcasters to begin tests 2 weeks before launch) in which case i'll post the details for a sneak preview...

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

YVW...

And watch this space, because if the BBC follow the usual convention, they'll probably start test broadcasts within the next few days (it's usual for broadcasters to begin tests 2 weeks before launch) in which case i'll post the details for a sneak preview...

Maybe that explains why BBC1 has gone on the blink since yesterday here in Ireland...I have two settings for the same channel appearing on the EPG but neither is working due to a 'technical difficulty' ...strange ?!

daveh75

ricardo65:

daveh75:

YVW...

Maybe that explains why BBC1 has gone on the blink since yesterday here in Ireland...I have two settings for the same channel appearing on the EPG but neither is working due to a 'technical difficulty' ...strange ?!

Yep they shifted channels about on various transponders to make room for BBC 1 HD.

Have you tried doing a channel scan on your box? Though Sky/Freesat boxes should of updated automatically...

daveh75

the_lhc:So it's taking over BBCHD's channel number on Sky then (143)? Wonder where that'll end up?

"BBC HD will be available - from 3 November - on Freesat channel 109, Freeview channel 54, Sky channel 169 and Virgin Media channel 187"

daveh75

As per title, BBC One HD has now commenced testing, so if you wan't a sneak peek it can be added via the 'add channels' menu on Sky HD boxes or viewed in 'non - Freesat' mode on Freesat STBs/TVs using the following settings.....

Currently labelled as '6941' and carrying test footage and now/next EPG data for BBC1.

Frequency: 10.847 GHz

Polarity: Vertical

Symbol Rate: 22000 (22.0)

FEC: 5/6

A

Anonymous

nice one daveh75 do you know if the stuff they are showing now is a simulcaqst of bbc 1 or just random stuff, cant wait to see kat slater in hd.
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
As per title, BBC One HD has now commenced testing, so if you wan't a sneak peek it can be added via the 'add channels' menu on Sky HD boxes or viewed in 'non - Freesat' mode on Freesat STBs/TVs using the following settings.....

Currently labelled as '6941' and carrying test footage and now/next EPG data for BBC1.

Frequency: 10.847 GHz

Polarity: Vertical

Symbol Rate: 22000 (22.0)

FEC: 5/6

Hi got it using the add channels menu as there's nothing on my actual tv guide, channel 169 doessn't exist is it just to early to get it appearing on the guide yet ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Cofnchtr:Hi,

Will it be regional? BBC Scotland etc?

Danielle Nagler's blog says that:

"We also won't be able to bring you regional news programmes or, if you are in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, your own versions of BBC One in HD, and the programmes shown on them.

"I'm sorry, this is something that we are working on, but the requirements of HD channels mean that we have to start with just a single version. Of course, you'll still be able to see your national and regional programming on your standard definition BBC One channel."

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Well, my box has tuned into BBC1 HD and moved BBC HD to channel 109.

Even better, checked my timer settings and all have been moved as well where appropiate.

Makes me feel almost redundant.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

"BBC Services on Digital Satellite are moving on Monday 18 October 2010

Listed below are the frequencies for BBC TV channels and radio stations available via satellite. The BBC is rationalising its service line-up on digital satellite, and from the early morning of Monday 18 October 2010, the service line-up will be as set-out in the chart below. Because of software limitations, BBC Red Button interactive channels are currently only available with Freesat or a Sky set-top box and viewing card.

Other free channels are also available, but some - such as Channel 4 and Five - are encrypted and require Freesat or a Sky set-top box and viewing card.

Viewers with a Freesat set-top box will not need to do anything, as the Freesat EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) will be updated to reflect these changes. If you experience a problem, it may be resolved by switching your Freesat box off, and then on again. If you see an on-screen message advising you to retune, please follow the instructions on-screen.

Viewers with a Free-to-Air receiver will need to retune to continue to receive the BBC services that are moving."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml

Scroll down to, 'Changes to the previous line-up of services on BBC DSAT4' and you'll see one of the changes is 'BBC One HD from Wednesday 3 November'

Is there any update on the proposed BBC1HD channel yet Dave ? Isn't it supposed to be launched today ? No sign of it here on my list of available channels...

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

Yep launches tonight at 7pm http://whathifi.com/News/BBC-One-HD-goes-live-tonight-at-7pm/.

BBC One HD is taking BBC HDs slot on the EPG and BBC HD is moving to Freesat 109, Sky 169, Freeview 54, Virgin 187. Should be on your EPG by now.

Thanks Dave, but worryingly there doesn't seem to be any change to my EPG setup at all unless it's suddenly going to happen at 7pm, in a few minutes actually...we'll see what happens but so far it looks like there isn't anything setup on Channel 169 here yet ??

A

Anonymous

well nothing happened !!! It has just occured to me that maybe I need to have the Sky box connected to the phone line to recieve a software update or something...??

A

Anonymous

it wasnt on my tv up to 5 mins ago ricardo, i then done a freesat retune and its there on channel 109..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:it wasnt on my tv up to 5 mins ago ricardo, i then done a freesat retune and its there on channel 109..

We havThanks Max but we the Sky+ Hd box here not freesat and are getting BBC1 Northern Ireland so maybe that's the source of the problem...NI aren't getting HD yet maybe ??!!

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Can i get "freeview HD" im in the scottish borders hawick my tv is "Sony Bravia KDL20B4050 LCD HD Ready Digital Television" & the one in living room is "Sony Bravia KDL32W4000 LCD HD Ready 1080p Digital Television"

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
mattytun1514:Can i get "freeview HD" im in the scottish borders hawick my tv is "Sony Bravia KDL20B4050 LCD HD Ready Digital Television" & the one in living room is "Sony Bravia KDL32W4000 LCD HD Ready 1080p Digital Television"

No because you haven't got a HD freeview tuner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts