BBC iplayer on Panasonic freesat tv (tx-p42v20)

msansford

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
As like alot of people on this forum & others I'm waiting for the Panasonic TX-P42V20. The specs look great but nothing competes with seeing it for yourself.

My question is to forum members & the Whathifi team, can you access BBC iplayer via the freesat tuner included in this TV?

If not, I can get round this by accessing the iplayer via the Wii but would be nice to have it direct from the TV.

daveh75

msansford:
As like alot of people on this forum & others I'm waiting for the Panasonic TX-P42V20. The specs look great but nothing competes with seeing it for yourself.

My question is to forum members & the Whathifi team, can you access BBC iplayer via the freesat tuner included in this TV?Yes,you will be able to access iplayer,provided you connect the TV to your broadband, as iplayer content is delivered over the net not satellite.

msansford

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Thanks.

Just need Panasonic to pull their finger out now & get the stock to the shops!!!

Anyone heard any definate dates of when we should expect to see this TV in the shops?

msansford

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Finally got my 42v20 the other week with 5yr guarantee.

With reference to access to the iplayer, how do you do it? I've flicked it over to the freesat tuner but can't find anything to do with access to the iplayer.

Can anyone (especially the lad from the Panasonic store) explain how it's done!!

Cheers

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm not at all sure the new Panasonic TVs do access iPlayer. They have access to Panasonic's own web portal, VieraCast, which offers a number of widgets but I haven't seen anything yet that suggests iPlayer is part of that offering.

As for the Freesat tuner, Panasonic is not listed as one of the manufacturers that's making products compatible with iPlayer via satellite according to the Freesat website (only current Sony TVs and some set-top boxes are). Full list here.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
msansford:

Finally got my 42v20 the other week with 5yr guarantee.

With reference to access to the iplayer, how do you do it? I've flicked it over to the freesat tuner but can't find anything to do with access to the iplayer.

Can anyone (especially the lad from the Panasonic store) explain how it's done!!

Cheers
On the humax you press the red button on BBC1 and it is one of the options.

msansford

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Had an e-mail back from Panasonic this morning saying that you access the iplayer via the red button when on a BBC channel via the Freesat tuner.

Haven't tried it yet but will get back to you when I have.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
msansford:

Had an e-mail back from Panasonic this morning saying that you access the iplayer via the red button when on a BBC channel via the Freesat tuner.

Haven't tried it yet but will get back to you when I have.
I believe that was what I said....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts