BBC iPlayer has stopped working on several Samsung smart TVs

D

Deleted member 108165

My Panasonic plasma underwent the same fate earlier this year with an iPlayer update. Got to look at TV's as computers these days... updates eventually render Smart TV's dumb...

Bought an Amazon Fire TV stick and it's a smart TV again.

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
I've only ever bought one Samsung TV. Never again. I expect mine'll be one of the affected ones as All4 packed up working on it ages ago. Samsung never bothered fixing that one and I can't see this being any different.

Jo90

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
I just connect my laptop to the TV with HDMI and I have iPlayer, My5, All4, ITV Hub and UK TV Play all working perfectly on my Samsung TV, which is probably 15 years or more old now and never been updated. I can also play DVD's and watch You tube.
I haven't even bought a "Smart TV" why waste money?

D

Deleted member 108165

I just connect my laptop to the TV with HDMI and I have iPlayer, My5, All4, ITV Hub and UK TV Play all working perfectly on my Samsung TV, which is probably 15 years or more old now and never been updated. I can also play DVD's and watch You tube.
I haven't even bought a "Smart TV" why waste money?
That's a really good idea but my PC is old and doesn't have an HDMI out. You'd be hard pushed to find a decent TV these days that wasn't a smart version. Your priority is obviously the ownership of a decent computer more than a decent TV.

Jo90

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
I must admit the computer is more important to me than the TV. It should be possible to connect a DVI/ HDMI converter or possibly even VGA/HDMI converter, you will probably need USB speakers or other audio setup to get it all working. Cheaper than a new TV I would imagine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts