Bargain of the century.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just thought i'll let everyone know that i have seen on ebay a person under the name of AVNEXTDAY selling very, very cheap brand new in the box PIONEER SC-LX82 and SC-LX72 AV RECEIVER'S complete with 12 month's warranty it also state's that this is UK stock and bought directly from PIONEER. I had seen a SC-LX82 go for around £1000 and the SC-LX72 go for around the £700 mark. I am a bit gutted because i paid £1400 for my SC-LX82 a couple of month's ago from SEVENOAK'S SOUND & VISION, i now wish i had waited. This is the bargain of the century not to be missed.

F

FunkyMonkey

This is going to be replaced, hence the "bargain of the cetury" price. It's a year old. Not a great bargain.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I agree, things move on very quickly in the AV world. It's big and powerful along with all the other Onkyo's Yamaha's and Denon's but it's not 3D ready and that's what most people are buying, if not for now then maybe next year.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
DR KAY:I am a bit gutted because i paid £1400 for my SC-LX82 a couple of month's ago from SEVENOAK'S SOUND & VISION, i now wish i had waited. This is the bargain of the century not to be missed.

One consolation would be that you would have got a 2 year warranty, as this is the standard UK warranty.

A

Anonymous

FunkyMonkey:This is going to be replaced, hence the "bargain of the cetury" price. It's a year old. Not a great bargain.

What do you mean 'NOT A GREAT BARGAIN' can you tell me where else you can buy a BNIB PIONEER SC-LX82 AV AMP for a grand or even less? or even a SC-LX72 for less than £700 delivered. Also the new PIONEER range of receiver's are 3d ready which by the look's of thing's most people don't seem to be very interested in so therefore common sense prevail's that i would rather pay £1000 rather than close to £2000 for this year's model because as most people i'm not interested in 3d at the momment. It seem's to me that you do not have a clue what a bargain is. Like i said before if i new about this a month befoer i splashed just over £1400 on a SC-LX82 receiver from Sevenoak's i would have saved well over £400 and to me that's a bargain mate.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Well an LX82 is now very similar to an LX73 at £1400 so last years model at £1000 is about right. Certainly the last of our LX82's went at this price.

Regarding 3D , the majority of people who are buying new do want to have the facility as an option even if they do not intend to utlise it any time soon. This is why we have seen a real drop in value for non 3D items.

A

Anonymous

I was looking at this, and I ended up buying at hifix for 899.00, why you ask?

Well good advice, they have a shop, and a full 2 year warranty, which this company was only giving one.

Also they are not a bricks and mortar shop, so if I had to return to them for any reason, they could just refuse, the reason I dont like ebay.

I was a bit gutted it went for this price, but frank harvey did a great deal on some RX6 if I bought the amp, which I could not pass up.

So all in all, it worked out for the best. plus I know if I have any problems I can just phone.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I think there are three camps of buyers:

1. I don't like the idea of 3D and have no interest;

2. I have bought-in to 3D / will buy-in soon;

3. I might or I might not, best be safer than sorry and buy a 3D amp.

I'll wager the vast majority are in camp 3, rather than 2 or 1. If, like me, you're a firm "no interest" guy, there are amazing bargains to be had. Make hay!

A

Anonymous

canada16:
I was looking at this, and I ended up buying at hifix for 899.00, why you ask?

Well good advice, they have a shop, and a full 2 year warranty, which this company was only giving one.

Also they are not a bricks and mortar shop, so if I had to return to them for any reason, they could just refuse, the reason I dont like ebay.

I was a bit gutted it went for this price, but frank harvey did a great deal on some RX6 if I bought the amp, which I could not pass up.

So all in all, it worked out for the best. plus I know if I have any problems I can just phone.

You were lucky that you got a good deal or discount for your RX6 speaker's. Sevenoak's did not discount a penny off the MA BR5 AV speaker 5.1 package when i bought it together with my SC-LX82 and i was not happy so next time around i bought a PIONEER BDP-LX52 bd player off the internet for a very good price. May be i should have bought off FRANK HARVEY i'm sure he would have given me a better deal than SEVENOAK'S did. I suppose you learn by your mistake's so next time it's definatly FRANK HARVEY'S.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts