Bands you love : hit singles you hate

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Is it just me, or does anyone else loathe the main / defining hit one of your favourite bands has had?

I love The Waterboys, and have since the early '80s, but all you ever hear on the radio is the Whole of the Moon. Can't stand it! Always turn it off on the radio or skip past it on CD.

And James - a fantastic band, but 'Sit Down' eek again... really can't bear it!

You?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi roger06. I`m right with you on this one. The Waterboys is a great example. You would think the artists (royalties aside) would get fed up with this situation also. Such a shame because you end up hating great songs such as `Born To Run`, `Summer of `69`, `Dancing Queen`, `Because The Night` and `Baker Street` to name just a few.

Fancy starting up a new radio staion together? :)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Phew not just me then!

Clare – yeah good one...

Survivor – I tell you, Radio Roger would be bankrupt in a week!!

I guess there are exceptions as well. I love The Clash but never tire of hearing Rock the Casbah and London Calling when played on the wireless. BUT, even as I write I'm thinking 'Should I stay or shoud I go', hmmm, a great song but played to death...

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
With the exception of Imogen Heap (don't know her work) I like everything that's been mentioned so far!!!!!!
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
As a huge Queen fan (up to and including 'News Of The World'), some of the stuff they trotted out in later life was rubbish. Not all of it, granted, but a fair bit of it.

I was never a fan of 'A Kind Of Magic' or 'Radio Ga Ga'. Not bad songs in isolation, but up against 'Killer Queen', 'We Are The Champions', 'Seven Seas Of Rhye'..... There's no comparison.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts