banana vs bare

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone actually noticed a difference in sound between speaker cable connected via banana plugs and bare wire?

I for one have tried this and cant hear any discernible difference .

A

Anonymous

if banana plugs have been correctly executed, there should be no audible difference.

A

Anonymous

my thoughts exactly but i've read otherwise , a case of foo perhaps?

T

the record spot

jaxwired:bananas will definately sound more open and airy, but you have to make sure you rub them on a unicorn's horn first. Also, very important to use vertical strokes...

They will, but ONLY if you use gold-plated plugs using gold from South African Krueger mines. The lesser rated South American or Philippino variants of same will result in a tighter, but some perceive this as boxy, sound. Pros and cons to both naturally, and I stress, this is my opinion only.

Have you considered Norbost Platinum as an alternative? Top end plugs, £595 for a set of eight, best used with Cable-Talk 3.5 bi-wire. The results are indescribable.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
If you use airlock plugs at least the exposed wire will not oxidise. You might not notice a difference at first, when the bare wire is clean but you might after a year or so when the bare wire is oxidised. You can always strip off an inch of wire when you give your hifi its annual spring clean. I prefer bananas for convenience rather than sound.

The best solution is to silver solder the cable both to the amps output and the crossover. That's an impractical tip I've not heard for ages.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:jaxwired:bananas will definately sound more open and airy, but you have to make sure you rub them on a unicorn's horn first. Also, very important to use vertical strokes...

They will, but ONLY if you use gold-plated plugs using gold from South African Krueger mines. The lesser rated South American or Philippino variants of same will result in a tighter, but some perceive this as boxy, sound. Pros and cons to both naturally, and I stress, this is my opinion only.

Have you considered Norbost Platinum as an alternative? Top end plugs, £595 for a set of eight, best used with Cable-Talk 3.5 bi-wire. The results are indescribable.

ROFL...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts