Back to Stereo

robwalley

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just sold all my AV kit, Denon 2311, APEX A10's, A40 and Sub.

Replaced with Myryad Mi in black from Peter Tyson at £349 plus B&W CM5's at 20% off in an opening store offer.

I'm on day 2 with these with bad acoustics, speakers on the floor, average CD productions and it's still the best decision I've made in a while.

It really is like day and night, cheaper too. More music and less TV.

Can't wait for new house with proper stands, good placement and tidy furniture.

smiley-cool.gif

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
robwalley said:
Replaced with Myryad Mi in black from Peter Tyson at £349

Good grief! Now that's some deal. Not that I know diddly, but that seems like peanuts for the Myriad Mi. I was considering that a while back so know how much it costs. Only thing that put me off was lack of networking for playing flacs. Even so.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
:clap:

I know if I ever had to make the choice between music and movies, music would win every time..... Sure I'd miss the surround sound, but years ago I had my TV running stereo through my Hi-Fi and it sounded pretty good.

Did you not consider keeping the sub though?

robwalley

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have also purchased a reconditioned ipod classic 5th edition as the port is build into the Myryad and with 30gb and using Apple lossless (almost flac) 1000 tracks or so will have to do.

robwalley

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The sub was only the Minx x200 from Cambridge Audio (Richer Sounds), although because of it's small size and 2 additional passive's it was nice and tight. It is currently doing very well on a well known auction sight who take way too much in fees and I'm happy with the low levels from the CM5's by themselves.

craig84

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Music always wins, I run my Blu ray and t.v through dac magic, i dont need surround imo, i like two channel movie listening.

Craig

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Good move! About 3 years ago I sold all my hifi gear and got into AV thinking the music would be "good enough". Biggest mistake I made.

Now I have 2 systems sitting side-by-side! Death by speakers & cables but best of both worlds.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My tv was a free hand me down 40" lg plasma from a mate and I got an open box lg DVD player for £15.

So in my house

hi fi = 5k +

tv = £15.

Spend aboyt £100 a month on music and knock the bbc tv man every year for as long as I can until he catches me in and then I pay.

I dont watch tele a lot!

TRENDING THREADS