Back in action. New system

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

After the best part of a year out I finally have a new (ish) system up and running.

Although not perfect in terms of positioning/furniture at the moment (living back at parents to save for first house) I am pleased I can dig out my records again and enjoy.

The newest addition is the bower and Wilkins 684 speakers which are powered by roksan k2 amp which has been in storage waiting for some speakers. Turntable is a project debut carbon. Anyway, enough waffling you can have a nose here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137291899@N03/albums/72157657983645023

Vinyl playback through the current setup is beautiful so warm and detailed, I'm still pondering how to best take advantage of digital playback but super happy with all otherwise. Ideally the turntable needs to be up on the uni with the tv mounted but as I mentioned earlier my partner and myself are busy saving for our own place so the issues around positioning and furniture will wait - again the same goes with one of the speakers quite near the wall.

Thanks for reading

D

Deleted member 2457

seasonsdownfall said:
Hello all,

After the best part of a year out I finally have a new (ish) system up and running.

Although not perfect in terms of positioning/furniture at the moment (living back at parents to save for first house) I am pleased I can dig out my records again and enjoy.

The newest addition is the bower and Wilkins 684 speakers which are powered by roksan k2 amp which has been in storage waiting for some speakers. Turntable is a project debut carbon. Anyway, enough waffling you can have a nose here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137291899@N03/albums/72157657983645023

Vinyl playback through the current setup is beautiful so warm and detailed, I'm still pondering how to best take advantage of digital playback but super happy with all otherwise. Ideally the turntable needs to be up on the uni with the tv mounted but as I mentioned earlier my partner and myself are busy saving for our own place so the issues around positioning and furniture will wait - again the same goes with one of the speakers quite near the wall.

Thanks for reading
Nice system.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks really nice and you're absolutely right with the rug to try to kill the sound reflections in what presumably is quite a lively room, going by the laminate floor and (bare?) walls. I can foresee a time when this laminate flooring craze will be seen as 'so early 21st century' like lino 50-60 years ago.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Fubar. Indeed the rug calms it a little, but they'll be in a nice carpeted room at some point next year, but absolutely love it all at the moment, definitely been worth the wait for the b&w's

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Live floor dead ceiling works better if you can incorporate this into your room.

Thats how mosy studios are designed.

I persoanlly prefer carpet in a house but we are talking SQ first here *acute*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts