B&W to replace PV1 subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I spoke to a retailer today about a CM8 speaker package (CM8, CM1, CM Centre, PV1 subwoofer) - he gave some very good pricing on the PV1 and seemed to think that it was about to be discountinued and replaced by a new model. Has anyone else heard any rumours (or facts!) about this?

I'm starting from scratch and looking to get a good set up. Have decided on the CM8 package and looking for an AV receiver which would be a good match. Am currently considering the Pioneer LX83, Onkyo NR5008 / NR3008 and Marantz 7005 - does anyone have a view on what would be the best marriage?

I also heard that Onkyo and Pioneer might be replacing those models soon as well. Having settled on the CM8 speaker package I was excited about getting a good set of kit and almost ready to make a decision & buy, but am now wondering if it's worth waiting a few months to see if anything comes out in terms of a new B&W sub or new AV receiver models...

Opinions / advice much needed and appreciated!

A

Anonymous

It is being repaced in a few months along with the Mini Theatre range. B&W confirmed this as well as FrankHarvey on these forums.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
No, no information whatsoever on exactly when the PV1 is being replaced or with what, though it is getting a bit long in the tooth.

You know what they say. "If it ain't broke........".

D

Deleted member 2457

I have read that black and silver models are now discontinued as B&W have exhausted all of their new stock. Some shops still have them in stock though, so if you want one you are going to have to be quick, personally I'm glad I have mine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts