B&W P5 speakers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone got any experience with these?

If so how were they?

I have been offered a set and may consider them to add with a system for my bedroom - Partnering them with an Arcam Alpha 10 integrated amp and a Rega Planet CDP.

I mainly listen to modern electronica music (Leftfield, Daft Punk, Layo & Bushwacka, Fischerspooner) but also listen to a fair bit of vocals too (Morcheeba, Air, Elbow etc...)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I owned the P6 years ago, in my experience they were horrible, lovely looking, poor sounding, thin with a extremely harsh dry treble, try the 804 matrix a far far far superior speaker, the 800 matrixs are legends.

MinaRotter

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Anonymous said:
I owned the P6 years ago, in my experience they were horrible, lovely looking, poor sounding, thin with a extremely harsh dry treble, try the 804 matrix a far far far superior speaker, the 800 matrixs are legends.

I know this post is old now but for what it's worth, for anyone else stumbling on this post; I own a pair of P5's that I've had from new and I really couldn't disagree more here. I replaced the tweeters a couple of years back but still find them, if anything a little too warm. Bass is great and comes in spades, that is just as well as I prefer lots of bass and that was the main reason I initially bought them. Tastes change with age though and recently I have felt that they lack a little at the top end, despite the new tweeters that I purchased directly from B&W. But a thin, harsh, dry treble? Most definitely not. *stop*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts