Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Think about getting myself some home theatre speakers -

If you had the choice / or which one's are better -

B&W 685 Theatre

or

B&W MT-30

Could you use the speakers from the B&W 685 Theatre and the PV1 subwoofer - would that work?

Thanks

S.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
685 Theatre package without question. You could indeed use the PV1 sub with the 685 package speakers if you were so inclined - I personally went with the ASW610 sub and have found it more than adequate, but £1000 for a subwoofer was more than I could afford!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I don't wish to appear rude, but you're kind of missing the point (OP, not you Prof).

It's like looking for a car. If you have 4 kids and a dog, you don't buy an MX5. If you're young, free & single, you don't buy a Chrysler Grand Voyager.

It's the same with speakers. If you have the space for full size speakers & stands, then great, buy the 685 HT and know you've got a great speaker package.

If, however, you don't have room for full size speakers all around your room, then you've automatically eliminated the 685 HT, and the MT-30 comes into its own.

There are another couple of options though. You could get the 685s for the front stereo pair and the M1 sats from the MT-30 for the centre and surround, or even better, the 685s and the 'proper' centre from the 600 range (can't remember the model) but use the M1s sats for the surround channels (I believe the latter is the exact system Prof Hat uses).

Whichever way you go, you'll have great sound. I can vouch for the MT-30s myself, awesome sound. The PV1 is truly beauty and the beast!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I have the 685 Theatre (but without the B&W sub) and love it, but I agree with Big Chris (except for the part about an MX5 - if you're young free and single, buying one of those will ensure you remain so - get an Audi s5
emotion-5.gif
)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:I have the 685 Theatre (but without the B&W sub) and love it, but I agree with Big Chris (except for the part about an MX5 - if you're young free and single, buying one of those will ensure you remain so - get an Audi s5
emotion-5.gif
)

Fair enough. It was the smallest car I could think of without descending into granny shopping cars!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts