Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A speaker system should be chosen for quality reasons rather than the discount that can be obtained. I'd suggest getting a demo of both and seeing what you think - after all, you're the one who is going to have to live with and enjoy the system, no one else.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Mark Vincent said:
David@FrankHarvey Thats the problem... I demoed them both and i like them both... i liked the kef a bit better but I'm just not sure if its worth the additional investment... what do you think ?
The UniQ aspect of the KEFs would swing it for me, but that's based on my room which iosn't particularly big, so I'm situated very close to the speakers. If it was my system in my room, I'd be looking more towards the LS50 instead of the R300 as I find them more to my personal taste. You could give me a 50% discount on the R300s, and I'd still take the LS50s...

:)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
David is totally right.

Nobody can make this decision for you, or put a value on the improvement that you hear.

FWIW. I prefer the Kefs and think (like David), that the Uni-Q brings worthwhile benefits, which might swing it if it's a tight fight.

IME. A small preference you have in a demo, can become bigger over time when you get it home and live with it for a while.

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
R500's are without doubt the sweet spot in the R range, i prefered them to both 700 and 900, but if i was to set up a 5.1 system it would consist of ls50's and a good rel sub.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
MickyBlue said:
R500's are without doubt the sweet spot in the R range, i prefered them to both 700 and 900, but if i was to set up a 5.1 system it would consist of ls50's and a good rel sub.
That's more my preference, although I haven't really got on with REL since their offerings during the 90s. I may well be revisiting an LS50AV system very soon...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts