B&W CDM7 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to sell a pair of B&W CDM7 speakers in red ash, they are immaculate. Can anyone advise on what I might be able get for these and also where best to advertise them, I am thinking of Ebay, but am looking for other ideas. I am not a HiFi expert so have no idea of the value of second hand speakers.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
ebay is good for b&w, it helps tho if you have the original packaging and manuals, plenty of good pics and a couple of links to favourable reviews wont hurt either. the cdm7s are gonna be heavy, so either get a price for insured delivery or state that the buyer arranges the courier and put your postcode on the listing so people can get their own quotes

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Hey buddy.
Ebay does tend to be kind towards B&W.
But bare in mind the seller fees they ask are extortionate - listing fees and a 10% final sale fee. It could end up costing you £60 for a £500 sale!

It might be worth getting in touch with these folk:

http://www.greenhomeelectronics.co.uk/index.html

The guy who runs it is a great bloke and with 25 years trading experience should give you a good offer or at worst an indication as to it's worth?
Save those ebay fees mate.

A

Anonymous

amarocknrollstar:Hey buddy. Ebay does tend to be kind towards B&W. But bare in mind the seller fees they ask are extortionate - listing fees and a 10% final sale fee. It could end up costing you £60 for a £500 sale! It might be worth getting in touch with these folk: http://www.greenhomeelectronics.co.uk/index.html The guy who runs it is a great bloke and with 25 years trading experience should give you a good offer or at worst an indication as to it's worth? Save those ebay fees mate.

I don't know what they are worth, as searched ebay and have not seen any currently listed, and none in the completed listings

This may be a good thing if selling on ebay, as you have something that is not very common ... I would sell on ebay and list internationally, stating that the buyer has to arrange his own courier and insurance, and you will pack as best you can ...

when selling to a local dealer, the dealer needs to make money as he has overheads and premisis ... so he will offer you perhaps less than 1/2 of what they are worth on the used market (1/2 of what he will sell them for)

when many people are looking at buying 2nd hand, the 1st place they ofyen look at is ebay ... ebay fees are not all that bad, considering the amount of people who may look at the item and the geographic coverage you get .... have a look at what it costs to place an advert in your local newspaper (with full colour photos and unlimited lines of text)

good luck!

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
you should be happy with 350-400 quid i would say and not be unhappy with 300+ if selling with no commission fees. another thought would be a trading paper like the loot or your local rag, somebody local just might be wanting a pair of these

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts