Question B&W 703 upgrade?

Moxie

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I'm interested in hearing from anyone familiar with B&W 703s. I've had mine for 10 years or so and still find them pretty wonderful ... but curious to know what you think i would need to spend for a truly noticeable improvement? I play mostly jazz and classical through a Cambridge cxa81 with BW asw610 sub. Most grateful for any advice... 😎

Moxie

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
Do you mean to say it would take silly money to improve them? I've seen 804s on ebay for around £1500 used, but ive never heard them.

nads

I am still changing inputs to my amps and finding improvements.

I think you might need to change other things to get a big change.

I think your amp is rather lacking in power.
I have never thought I needed a sub with mine.

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
I've been a (very) long time fan of B&W. That is until I heard the Spendor A and D series. Bought the A7 there and then.

NEVER going back to B&W...to harsh at the top end and no bottom end at all.

That said, I use a pair of ASW610s as stereo subs, best around without spending silly money.

Whatever you decide, listen to potential candidates, preferable at home on your equipment, before you buy.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I've been a (very) long time fan of B&W. That is until I heard the Spendor A and D series. Bought the A7 there and then.

NEVER going back to B&W...to harsh at the top end and no bottom end at all.

That said, I use a pair of ASW610s as stereo subs, best around without spending silly money.

Whatever you decide, listen to potential candidates, preferable at home on your equipment, before you buy.
I like the B&W ASW610 sub too. I can’t stand wireless ones and would replace my B&W PV1 with the 610 sub if it ever went wrong.

Moxie

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
Yeah, the ASW610 is a keeper for sure.
I've heard all good things about Spendor, def on the shortlist. It's funny that in the span of 30 years or so, amps and players have come and gone but I have only ever owned BW or Monitor Audio speakers. Not so much out of brand loyalty, more that everything else is unknown territory. Probably time I branched out a bit...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts