B&W 703/704 vs Dali Mentor 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can't decide whether I should go for Dali Mentor 6 or B&W 703/704. I listen to all types of music. My cd player will be Naim 5i and Amp will be Naim Nait 5i (both italics)

Pls advice me. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ganeshkualalumpur"]
Can't decide whether I should go for Dali Mentor 6 or B&W 703/704. I listen to all types of music. My cd player and will be Naim 5i and Amp will be Naim Nait 5i (both italics)

Pls advice me. Thanks!
[/quote]

I would buy the Dalis.

A

Anonymous

Think I agree on that, unless your willing to investigate the BW 805s or anything by neat?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"]No idea about your amp and CDP but i went with the 703's when i compared them to the Dali's. Drag your kit to the speakers or visa versa.[/quote]

Dalis are not forgiving. They need very high quality amplification. Naims would do a good job methinks.

A

Anonymous

My biggest headache is this, assuming I go for the Dali, should I not go for the Wilson Beneech Square 2 then?

After all, in my country, the Dali Mentor 6 and Wilson are the same price.

A

Anonymous

WB Square 2 and Naim Nait don't work as far as I'm concerned. The bass was just all wrong...you'd be insane to fork out that amount of cash for the sound you'll get. You'd be better off with Rega P5s at £700 or so.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
B&W 805s, Neat Motive, Rega R range and Dynaudio are proven lot of speakers that work well with Naim. Not Dali imo.
[/quote]

I second this about Naim..........I decided on my Dali's before finalising the other components, and was guided away from Naim. I can list others that seem to pair well with Dali, but you have already chosen your amp and cd player, so an alternative to Dali may be your best option, which slightly pains me to say because I love their sound and style....

A

Anonymous

I guess the fact that they are proven is important. What about 704 and 705 instead of 805?

[quote user="Sam Srivastava"][quote user="Thaiman"]

B&W 805s, Neat Motive, Rega R range and Dynaudio are proven lot of speakers that work well with Naim. Not Dali imo.
[/quote] I second this about Naim..........I decided on my Dali's before finalising the other components, and was guided away from Naim. I can list others that seem to pair well with Dali, but you have already chosen your amp and cd player, so an alternative to Dali may be your best option, which slightly pains me to say because I love their sound and style....[/quote]

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ganeshkualalumpur"]What about 704 and 705 instead of 805?[/quote]

The known fact for the 705 is they are bass light, we are talking about whole balance thing here, the ever so forward tweeters do sound shouty at certain volume. They are very good speakers don't get me wrong but 805s are better.

I heard 703 with Krell 400xi and they were match made in heaven however they do need a lot of power up them to sing properly. If you were going for SuperNait I would say yes! but Nait 5' smallish watts wouldn't be quite enough to make the most out of them.

nads

[quote user="Thaiman"]

I heard 703 with Krell 400xi and they were match made in heaven however they do need a lot of power up them to sing properly. If you were going for SuperNait I would say yes! but Nait 5' smallish watts wouldn't be quite enough to make the most out of them.

[/quote]

indeed they do. and they do.

TRENDING THREADS