B&W 685 THEATRE.....change the sub?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys just demod these speakers at seven oaks and was blown away! But there is one snag, they didnt use the ASW608 subwoofer as they didnt hav it in, they used its bigger brother the ASW610 sub. I asked how much extra it would cost for this sub to be had enstead of the ASW608 and its £100. My question is it worth it? As seven oaks have a nice deal if you buy any amp at full rrp price (denon 2310 :D) you get 20% of the B&W speakers which is a a saving of approx £250, but this offer ends on the 21st so i want to know asap the difference so i can take advantage of this offer

A

Anonymous

ramzijw:Hey guys just demod these speakers at seven oaks and was blown away! But there is one snag, they didnt use the ASW608 subwoofer as they didnt hav it in, they used its bigger brother the ASW610 sub. I asked how much extra it would cost for this sub to be had enstead of the ASW608 and its £100. My question is it worth it? As seven oaks have a nice deal if you buy any amp at full rrp price (denon 2310 :D) you get 20% of the B&W speakers which is a a saving of approx £250, but this offer ends on the 21st so i want to know asap the difference so i can take advantage of this offer

I'm happy with my present sub. If I wanted more oomph, I would just add another sub. If you're happy with the option provided to you, go for it by all means.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I run the 685s with the ASW610 - worth the extra £100 in my opinion
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

cheers for the info guys! Just some heads up i plan to get the QED XT Evo for the set up but what sub cable should i look into getting?

A

Anonymous

so just Chord Crimson? Is there any other options i should consider...as i was looking at the QED performance sub cable? Does anyone rate that?

A

Anonymous

I use the Chord Crimson as well. Differences, if any, will be very subtle/marginal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts