B&W 685 - Not powerful enough... any suggestions?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought some B&W 685's and a NAD C356BEE and the sound I'm getting is not what I thought it would be. If I crank up the volume to about half way, the speakers just distort with the bass rattling the speakers to a near death experience.

I listen to House music which it seems these speakers cannot handle. I've moved the speakers away from the wall etc and plugged the ports although this is not what I want to do really as I actually like heavy bass with huge big kick drums.

I need bookshelf speakers as I have vinyl record cabinets that run all the way around my room, the speakers sit isolated on top of the cabinets along with turntables etc.

Any suggestions?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Isolated or otherwise your speakers are not going to sound anywhere near their best placed on cabinets, particularly at high volumes with heavy thumping bass.Did you demo them beforehand? If so they will have been properly stand-mounted which will have given a completely different result. If you really have not/cannot make the space to accommodate stands then I would be looking at alternative speakers to wall mount at the very least. I'm not able to offer any suggestions on this, though, as high volume thumping bass isn't my thing!

Isolated or otherwise your speakers are not going to sound anywhere near their best placed on cabinets, particularly at high volumes with heavy thumping bass. I doubt it's your speakers that are rattling, more like the cabinet that they are sat on.

Did you demo them beforehand? If so they will have been properly stand-mounted which will have given a completely different result. If you really have not/cannot make the space to accommodate stands then I would be looking at suitable alternative speakers to wall mount. I'm not able to offer any suggestions on this, though, as high volume thumping bass isn't my thing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts