B&W 684 sounds dull

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I thougt my amp and CDP (Denon 1500) was not so good, but now the conclusion is that my B&W 684 sounds too dull. I'don't like with my musiv (older rock,not the best cd's) a bright sound, but a warmer. But the highs of the B&W are too dull.

I go listen to monitor audio rx 6 with my Denon.

matthewpiano

Your amp is better than your CD player. I used to have the 1500AEs and thought the amp was excellent but the CD player could sound a bit dull/dead.

I do second drummerman's KEF suggestion - might just bring some balance to your system and they are usually very musical speakers indeed.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
peterpan:
my B&W 684 sounds too dull.

I agree, they did nothing for me. They sounded like someone had a draped a 50 tog duvet over them.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
peterpan:Which KEF?

How much do you want to spend? I rate iQ7 and 9's (both superseded now I believe) as well as their xq30. All have some things in common; UniQ drivers, good build plus a fast, open and detailed sound with good focus and tight bass. Whether you like them, no idea but they all worked well with Denon as well as others.

A

Anonymous

Hey, if you get the chance, listen to the Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 Speakers, for me they were the exact opposite to the 684's.

Good luck.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
peterpan:

Last year i heard the KEF XQ40. Too bright for my music! (rock and pop)

Sure, like I said, they are not everyones cup of coco. I find them, on the whole, accurate rather then the often quoted 'bright' which is, perhaps, more due to a lack of bloated bass.

The mentioned Mezzos are more in line with your B&W's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts