Awards Issue

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clare,

Has the magazine been sent out to subscribers yet?

I usually receive it on the Monday before the official release date, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Many thanks,

Paul

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Paul

Yes, subscribers would normally get their issue on Monday, but this month it's the special Awards issue which is embargoed until October 16th, so you should get your copy tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

And, just to add that little bit of excitement, it's 238 pages and looks very special - news story incoming!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:
Hi Paul

Yes, subscribers would normally get their issue on Monday, but this month it's the special Awards issue which is embargoed until October 16th, so you should get your copy tomorrow.

Oh good - I was just about to vent my spleen and moan about its non-arrival!

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for the update. I shall impatiently await the postman's arrival tomorrow!

Well done with the embargo. It used to annoy me when suppliers were advertising products as Award winners a couple of weeks before the magazine was published.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hmph ... it's the 16th and all postie brought was a bill from the Inland Revenue... not quite the same really.
emotion-9.gif

dirtydawg1967

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Not just the subscribers having trouble getting hold of a copy of the Awards issue. I've tried 3 supermarkets and 2 national chain newsagents and no joy. Just gaping spaces where WHFS&V should be. Very disappointing.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare, Sorry but have to add my name to the list of very peeved people and would hasten to add that its not the first time my copy has arrived late.I think someone at the distribution end should get their ears bent.Can someone with clout take royal mail to task over this.The years most important edition for those of us looking to upgrade etc.I appreciate taking flak is unpleasant but a lot of disgruntled bodies out here.Hope this won"spoil what little holiday you have left boss. regards Rod

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
dirtydawg1967:Not just the subscribers having trouble getting hold of a copy of the Awards issue. I've tried 3 supermarkets and 2 national chain newsagents and no joy. Just gaping spaces where WHFS&V should be. Very disappointing.

Just been to Morrisons and the shelf is bare.Where are all the copies,

Clare-Are you sure the embargo was 16/10/08

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oh yes.

Word from our production department says about 10,000 copies of the mag won't be on shelves until tomorrow - two regional distribution centres failed to receive copies from our printers.

I can only apologise and assure you that i've already instigated a full investigation into this. Believe you me, if YOU feel frustrated, imagine how we feel with this being our biggest issue of the year
emotion-12.gif

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Oh yes.

Word from our production department says about 10,000 copies of the mag won't be on shelves until tomorrow - two regional distribution centres failed to receive copies from our printers.

I can only apologise and assure you that i've already instigated a full investigation into this. Believe you me, if YOU feel frustrated, imagine how we feel with this being our biggest issue of the year
emotion-12.gif

oh dear i can hear the headsmans axe being shapened right now.....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
avnut:oh joy! 3 hr flight with the safety card and inflight magazine

3 hours? Try 13, taking off at 00.30 and landing at 06.30...

What day is it again?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
timwileman:Clare Newsome:
Oh yes.

emotion-12.gif

Beheading is far too painless a process, IMO - a full hung/drawn/quartered job would be more appropriate.

But seriously.. Those of you who are having trouble getting copies, can you please let me know which stores/locations you've tried? It'll help us work out whether it's those distribution centres involved (Haydock and Mendelsham, BTW), or just stockists sitting on copies without putting them out. Cheers!

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
avnut:oh joy! 3 hr flight with the safety card and inflight magazine

3 hours? Try 13, taking off at 00.30 and landing at 06.30...

What day is it again?

Yeah but you probably knew the award results already so didn't need the mag?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:timwileman:Clare Newsome:

Oh yes.

emotion-12.gif

Beheading is far too painless a process, IMO - a full hung/drawn/quartered job would be more appropriate.

But seriously.. Those of you who are having trouble getting copies, can you please let me know which stores/locations you've tried? It'll help us work out whether it's those distribution centres involved (Haydock and Mendelsham, BTW), or just stockists sitting on copies without putting them out. Cheers!

Morrisons Leighton Buzzard- I will pop into Smiths and Tescos later and confirm its not just "sold out" at Morrisons .

I sense a woman on a mission here and I dont mean speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts