AWARDS 2008: Results published today!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just in case you haven't seen our news story on the homepage, here's a reminder that today's the day that we publish the results of the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Awards 2008.

Our special edition, 238-page Awards issue is in the newsagents and later today we'll be posting 360-degree videos of the 19 Products of the Year on our dedicated Awards website.

So if you're about to buy a new TV, hi-fi or home cinema system don't forget to check out the magazine and website first.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've just been perusing the development site and it's looking fine - now all we've got to do is get it live...(everyone cross their fingers, please!)

A

Anonymous

So, who are the winners? All the suspense is killing me! Are the winners list going to be posted on the site soon?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If the suspense was killing you that much, surely a trip to a newsagent's before work would have been in order
emotion-12.gif

But seriously - blog with full winner's list on its way, apparantly. I'm on holiday, personally

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:I'm on holiday, personally

Look at that for dedication! I get shot if I do work when on hol...

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
If the suspense was killing you that much, surely a trip to a newsagent's before work would have been in order
emotion-12.gif

But seriously - blog with full winner's list on its way, apparantly. I'm on holiday, personally

Hi Clare,

Unfortunately I won't be able to get it from my local newsagent just yet. Blame it on slow shipping... :-( But I'll buy it as soon as I can! And I'm also eagerly awaiting the Ultimate Guide due at the end of the month!

Are you guys considering offering a downloadable version of the magazine? It would make it so much easier for us eager beavers to buy it online and get instant gratification. :)

Have a good well deserved break! But please come back soon to the forums as we will miss you terribly... :)

A

Anonymous

Watch the space and as for slow shipping, it should be with you by tomorrow at the latest, so you can go and buy the winners at the weekend...or at least think about it.

A

Anonymous

Thank you! Will the magazine also include a list of the short listed products which came close to winning but didn't quite make it?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
seakingadvice:So, who are the winners? All the suspense is killing me! Are the winners list going to be posted on the site soon?

Full list of winners now posted in our Awards blog. Videos to follow later today. Watch this space!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
So my much maligned Arcam Solo-Mini holds it's own as best 'all-in-one' over £500 for another year! Big raspberry to all the Arcam naysayers and people who call it a kitchen radio. Pssspp!

You really need to hear it with a good pair of efficient £500 floorstanders. My - Primare i30 + Focal 826v Chorus owning - friend could not quite believe how good the sound was. However, mags still recommend partnering with £200 stand-mount speakers which don't let it breath.

As 'Signals' (of Ipswich) say "Sounds far better than this kind of unit has any right to."

Oh yes, feed it with a good FM roof aerial and listen to BBC R3 live broadcasts and be amazed.

Plug over.

I am going to get a nice cuppa to toast the wee marvel & celebrate with a blast of Roxy Music.

A

Anonymous

And let's not forget the 31 First Tests in the same issue and a sneak Show preview...

John Duncan

chebby:Big raspberry to all the Arcam naysayers and people who call it a kitchen radio.

Tuh. The Solo Mini is fantastic. It's the lower-end amps and cd players which are.....suboptimal©

chebby:I am going to get a nice cuppa to toast the wee marvel & celebrate with a blast of Roxy Music.

Ah, and you were doing so well.......

A

Anonymous

I am so looking forward to getting home and finding my copy waiting for me and that's inspite of having read Andy's shortlist of the winners. Interestingly no Onkyo receivers this year!

I'd so love to see a second hand awards. There is so much kit out their that enthusiasts trade back and forth. It would be just wonderful if one day What Hi-Fi ran a Classic Awards Issue, perhaps taking a decade at a time and pulling out the top items from years past. Particularly useful for us second hand addicts! Start with 2000 - 2008 and then 1990 - 2000. Would be such fun!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts