AVR that works with wired and wireless speakers

footers

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a multi-room audio system setup for my house and need some advice. Basically I have 3 rooms: - all wired

- Bathroom (1 speaker)

- Living - surround sound system (5 speakers)

- Kitchen (2 speakers)

I'd like the kitchen and living room to be able to play different streams of music or the same. The bathroom could be done on a simple switch because I don't think we need all 3 on at the same time.

My music is currently stored on a NAS (netgear) via itunes. Plus I have it (backed-up) on google play music.

I'd like to get a wireless speaker for the garden that has the ability to play the same music as the kitchen say. So my question is, what system is capable of working with 2 zones (with the bathroom on a separate switch) and a wireless speaker?

If I have the source of the AVR as itunes airplay say and then get a wireless speaker that can work with airplay also, would it be possible to control the feed to both (AVR and wireless speaker) so there's no delay and it's all synced?

I've seen the Denon X2000 and X2100W and was wondering if either of these was capable of doing what I require.

footers

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi JmJones,

Thanks for your reply. At the moment we're having an extension built and so we've added wires ready for speakers in the two new rooms that are still being built (ktichen and bathroom). The wires are currently sitting under the floorboards ready to take into the lounge and connect to a system and I've been trying to decide how what system is best. The lounge along with PS3 and Sky box is wired for internet btw. No need for wi-fi although I have a decent wi-fi router.

I've had an small Denon hi-fi for some years and have always been very happy with it and so after finding the Denon AVR X2000 worked with 2 zones and within budget I started thinking that was the way to go but I'm in rush to buy it because the building work is not yet finished. Plus I have this one question mark over connecting a wireless speaker for the garden.

I've heard about the Sonos systems along with the bridge but have not read it can connect and possibly control a wired setup like the Denon AVR X2000.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Footers,

If you have it wired as you intend, Sonos may not be the best option, but have a think about these options (and the money required!)

Any Sonos unit can be attached to your router, but if the router is not near anything else, you need a Sonos Bridge (£40). An independent network is used.

Add a Sonos Connect (£279) to your AVR. You can now play music across your wired network.

Add a Connect:amp (£399) to a pair of speakers for a stereo setup.

Stick a Play unit (£170-£350) out of the kitchen window.

The beauty is then In using an iPad to play the same or different music across all or part of the network.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts