AVR 360

bonzo75

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
HI I have just bought an AVR 360. As long as I use it on a B&W CM 8 or KEF R500s, I am happy with the output. I have never tried it on a really big B&W type speaker, so do I have anything to fear in case I go in for B&W 804s, or KEF reference series (I will buy them used). The speakers will be used in a 5.1 set u - with a PV1D subwoofer, CM1s, and a CM centre.

My room size is an average London room, think 16ft * 18ft.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My answer is the same as in your last thread, regarding the AVR360 and Kef Refs.......it takes at least an AVR600 to drive them to a reasonable degree.

I have a little experience in this, as I have owned an AVR350, do own 205/2s and AVR600.

You should try and stick with one speaker brand for the front 3 speakers, preferably the same model.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
bonzo75 said:
Thanks Cnoevil. Would that rule out AVR 500 as well, am asking since that can be available cheaper

The AVR500 would be much better, though not quite there (imo)..........but it's so "buggy" that I wouldn't touch it.

bonzo75

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Cnoevil, any thoughts on what is better - an AVR 360 teamed up with a power amp to drive the front two, while the 360 drives the sub and the rears or just an AVR 600 that drives all 5.1s alone? Which provides better sound for music?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
IMO. The AVR600 is a remarkable stand alone piece of kit, has enough current to drive difficult speakers, and sounds like a very decent 2 channel amp when playing music (using Stereo Direct). So to keep things simple, I would go this route.

The only question mark is over whether all the bugs have been ironed out in it, so make sure the 5 year warranty has been activated and goes with the machine.

Nb. The above advise is simply my personal opinion having heard a few AV amps and a lot of stereo ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts