Avi Neutron 5

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I just ordered a pair to go with my Marantz PM6003. I know they need more power but my amp will be upgraded in the not so distant future.

Can't wait to get them !

A

Anonymous

Superb speakers, enjoy! These are keepers
emotion-1.gif

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Cypher:
I just ordered a pair to go with my Marantz PM6003. I know they need more power but my amp will be upgraded in the not so distant future.

Can't wait to get them !

Will be VERY interested to hear how you get on following previous conversations I've had with Ashley .

Came so close to buying these myself, but life's been on hold for the past 2-3 months so didn't get too far!

T

the record spot

Upgrading the amp? How about shortlisting the Amp-paks from AVI? Not sure how much they are, but they might be an option?

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Not directly from AVI (they now sell the Neutron 5 2.1 Subwoofer instead).

But you can keep checking online auction/second-hand sites from time to time.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I'll first see how well the Neutrons sound with the PM6003. My plan is to buy the PM Pearl Lite amp if it's any good or maybe the Musical Fidelity M3i.

Hopefully I'll get the Neutrons today
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

AVI seem to have strong feelings about amplifier power, saying that anything below 100w is not HiFi.

As I have the approved Amp Pak I am confident that I get the most out of the Neutron.

EDITED BY MODS - House Rules.

John Duncan

Yes it is. They're probably the best made speakers at the price point (boggling qa problem I had with mine notwithstanding), and sound fabulous (though if you like deep bass being close to a wall helps).

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Yes it is. They're probably the best made speakers at the price point (boggling qa problem I had with mine notwithstanding), and sound fabulous (though if you like deep bass being close to a wall helps).

what was your QA problem???

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
These are simply the best speakers I've ever had. I had lots of different brands in the past (B&W, monitor audio, Dali, Dynaudio) but the Neutrons are something else.
For the first time I hear real music, with lots of detail, great tight bass and the midrange is simply gorgeous.
The greatest thing about these speakers is that there is no listeners fatique at all, they sound just right.

I paid 500 euros for these speakers........simply unbelievable. Real value for money.

These are keepers. My search is over
emotion-2.gif

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Cypher:These are simply the best speakers I've ever had. I had lots of different brands in the past (B&W, monitor audio, Dali, Dynaudio) but the Neutrons are something else.
For the first time I hear real music, with lots of detail, great tight bass and the midrange is simply gorgeous.
The greatest thing about these speakers is that there is no listeners fatique at all, they sound just right.

I paid 500 euros for these speakers........simply unbelievable. Real value for money.

These are keepers. My search is over
emotion-2.gif

They are great aren't they! I have been thinking of treating them to better amplification. I have been thinking about the 2.1 sub mainly because all of my sources are digital.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts