AVI / ATC audition

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
The plans to change my set up are now close to be true.. I've heard and liked AVI 9's with sub but have heard ATC recently ( SCM 11 with sub and ATC amplification) and was really impressed. I think this set up was more musical, simply spot on... but the AVI audition was few months back and in different room than ATC audition..Any idea guys where I can listen to both side by side?

don't think it's possible, but worth to ask

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
From the sound of it you ought to be listening to the new curved ones. If the improvement is as big as people say then you may be left with no contest.

Looking at the AVI website for their dealers I don't think any of them also stock ATC. You could head to Gloucestershire and visit both factories on the same day!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I agree, you should make the effort. I used to have the (non-curved) 19's with ATC amplifier, I wouldn't go back. Never heard the 11's though.

I imagine you heard an earlier version of the ADMs? The latest RS model has been available for about a month.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The 2 London AVI dealers don't stock ATC, but when I was at Barletts they said they can often get in other brands as I was asking about Kef, so maybe worth a phone call.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
lpv said:
Craig, how would you describe the difference ATC/ AVI?

It's been a couple of years since I owned them and have had other stuff in between, but I did directly compare the old 9.1T model to my ATC setup. The 9.1Ts had greater clarity, better imaging, better dynamics, and highlighted some fuzz/harshness that the 19s had - I'd also say the 19s were a bit fussier over recording quality. The ATCs had a slightly thicker bass which made it seem as if there was more punch. Overall the 9.1T was better but not by a massive amount, what really struck me at first was how similar the sound was. I didn't buy a pair of the 9.1T because I preferred the extra bass punch of the 19s and didn't really want a sub - although my mate who owns the 9.1Ts also has the sub and it is a pretty amazing sound.

The new RS model is a lot better, imo, than the old 9.1T, much greater clarity, more bass, smoother and sweeter. If I was comparing the 9RS to my old ATC system, I suspect there would be no competition.

Hi lpv

I hope that you'll enjoy the performance of ATC's new curved SCM11 passive monitors :)

Btw, expect the curved SCM11 to be performing at their best from the word go as curved SCM11 and the new curved SCM7 passive monitors don't need breaking/running in.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

BenLaw said:
From the sound of it you ought to be listening to the new curved ones. If the improvement is as big as people say then you may be left with no contest.

Hi Ben

I hate to say it but the new curved SCM11 monitors have hit the already excellent SCM11 MK1 monitors out of the park for a six.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
BenLaw said:

Hi Ben

I hate to say it but the new curved SCM11 monitors have hit the already excellent SCM11 MK1 monitors out of the park for a six.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

:silenced: :grin:

Well, unless you're offering free trade in, old for new, I'll be sticking with my already excellent SCM11 MK1s for a few more years ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts