• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Avatar blu ray being released in April, followed by the 3D blu ray in November.

So which one do you think you will buy?

A

Anonymous

Normal, not so sure the 3D Blu ray will be a real immediate success

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Neither - I found the film tedious and have no desire to watch it again (beyond the hours i'll probably spend watching it when we're Awards-judging 3D kit later this year
emotion-4.gif
)

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:I've never even heard of Avator...

Corrected, I am one for posting of the cuff, generally not doing much research and the first thought getting posted.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am also touch typing all the time, which could explain my bad spelling.

I wander how much the 3d blu ray will cost compared to the blu ray?

Thanks

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I took my Son to see this at the IMAX at Waterloo and whilst the 3D worked well I thought the film was rubbish and seeing it once in my lifetime is enough for me!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel:I am also touch typing all the time, which could explain my bad spelling.

Err, touch typing means you don't look at the keyboard, not that you don't look at the screen...

I mean, even if you pronounce the word "Avatar" you must be able to tell that there are no "o"s in it?

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:

gel:I am also touch typing all the time, which could explain my bad spelling.

Err, touch typing means you don't look at the keyboard, not that you don't look at the screen...

I mean, even if you pronounce the word "Avatar" you must be able to tell that there are no "o"s in it?

and clearly i can't spell avatar or have seen it either or pay much attention to the word.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:I wander how much the 3d blu ray will cost compared to the blu ray?

Well, as it says in our Samsung story,

"However, unlike rivals Sony and Panasonic, Samsung will not include any 3D specs with the TV as standard. It uses active shutter glasses, which will cost £100 a pair for the battery-powered ones, and £150 for the rechargeable version.

There'll be a special option pack, comprising two pairs of battery-powered active glasses and a copy of Dreamworks' Monsters vs Aliens on 3D Blu-ray disc, for £250."

Now unless my maths fails me, that means the 'special option pack' includes two pairs of glasses, normally £100 each, so you're paying £50 for the movie. And as this is a special pack, that might suggest you're getting the disc at a discount price.

I'm only sayin'...

scene

Andrew Everard:
gel:I wander how much the 3d blu ray will cost compared to the blu ray?

Well, as it says in our Samsung story,

"However, unlike rivals Sony and Panasonic, Samsung will not include any 3D specs with the TV as standard. It uses active shutter glasses, which will cost £100 a pair for the battery-powered ones, and £150 for the rechargeable version.

There'll be a special option pack, comprising two pairs of battery-powered active glasses and a copy of Dreamworks' Monsters vs Aliens on 3D Blu-ray disc, for £250."

Now unless my maths fails me, that means the 'special option pack' includes two pairs of glasses, normally £100 each, so you're paying £50 for the movie. And as this is a special pack, that might suggest you're getting the disc at a discount price.

I'm only sayin'...

Well £50 per 3D movie pays for a family outing to see a 3D movie in a cinema. And the price might be higher, ouch. No wonder the studios are so keen on this tech...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As I said, I'm not saying for a fact that's what the discs will cost, and we all know that the list price of Blu-ray discs has little bearing on what you can buy one for, but that's the conclusion I drew from brief usage of the steam-powered abacus.

scene

Andrew Everard:As I said, I'm not saying for a fact that's what the discs will cost, and we all know that the list price of Blu-ray discs has little bearing on what you can buy one for, but that's the conclusion I drew from brief usage of the steam-powered abacus.

Mine's hand cranked, as I'm not allowed to play with matches any more...

A

Anonymous

normal one not interested in the 3d version ..i personally dont see the big hype of 3d its not all that i rather spend my money on a projecter than invest in 3d

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I will be buying it on release day on standard blu ray. Thought the film was very predictable and a bit over rated but i did enjoy it and with all the colours and effects, i think this will be a definite showcase blu ray. Cant wait to see how good it looks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts