Avatar 3d blu-ray - thanks Panasonic [Y]

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So I got home after another hard weeks slog getting in and out of work in the snow and ice, to find a nice wee parcel had arrived in the post from Panasonic.. Coraline 3d, Ice Age 3 3d some concert footage in 3d.. and Avatar 3d..

Couldnt wait to watch Avatar so as soon as the kids were in bed, the lights were off.. and the 3d glasses were out.. but doom.. they had run out of batteries.. so had to recharge them.. So Avatar was postponed till Saturday night.. :(

So after the x factor saturday night.. finally got to sit down and watch it.. i havent been a great believer in 3d so far.. but I have to say Avatar in 3d is pretty cool.. The 3d has amazing depth in places.. as well as 'pop'.. i found myself being much more absorbed in the movie..

I kinda wish i hadnt watched the standard blu-ray before a couple of times.. as i'm sort of bored with the story a little at this stage.. but still its pretty awesome.. my wife even thought it was cool.. and she's been on an anti 3d hate campaign since the tv arrived in the house!

There were a few memorable scenes.. like when the little jelly fish guys all swarm around jake when he meets netari (yes i know crap spelling) i swear they were right in front of our eyes.. You could just tell watching the movie that Cameron has it down to an art..

My only complaints.. .well i did find myself getting more tired than usual while watching the movie... and we had the room in complete darkness for the best experience.. even then the image was a tad dark.. switching off the movie and going back to sky hd was like taking off a pair of sunglasses...

My only dilema now ? Should i sell it or not.... if i could get 200 quid for it.. i'd put the money towards a new AVR... but i dont think its worth that.. and i kinda like having a movie that cant be bought in the shops!

Anyone else got it and viewed it?

Cheers,

Mick

D

Deleted member 2457

I would sell it Mick and make the money while you can. I sold my This Is It 3d blu ray for £45.00 but you are going to make alot more especially just before xmas as well.

You could put it on tomorrow night for 5 days, finish next sunday, good time to finish and then post it off so they get it before xmas.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi gel,

i've never sold anything on ebay... bought lots.. but never sold.. is it hard to put up an auction? can i put a reserve on it if i dont want to sell ?

Cheers,

Mick

D

Deleted member 2457

No it is really easy, yes you can put a reserve on it, i have been watching these quite abit and yes you could get upto £200.

You click on the to sell button on your ebay, put avatar 3d blu ray, click on continue button, then put the title in again, say it is brand new - ( you have only watched it once), it does look brand new right?

I would start of around £60-70 if you want a reserve i would put £80 on it, hopefully it will go alot more, i have seen them go alot more.

Makes sure it finishes in the evening so put it for sell tomorrow night.

I personally would post abroad too with this, charge £5 postage abroad, free in this country.

D

Deleted member 2457

Also explain how you got it, that you actually bought a panasonic tv and got it free and where you bought the tv from if it is a good shop - like i said John Lewis people we know it is 100% genuine then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts