AV Receiver upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my Yamaha RXV357, which is played through Tannoy DC2000's front, Gale 3050 centre and Gale 3010's rear. The Tannoys are also used in conjunction with Arcam Alpha 7 amp & cd.

The Yamaha RX-V1067 has been suggested, but is this noticably superior to the Yamaha RX-V767 or Onkyo TX-SR608?

I am unlikely to need the 2 HDMI outputs (1067). I play music DVD's more than films.

Any comments/suggestions on the speaker combination would also be welcome. Aesthetically I like the Audica CX 5.1 speakers, but would this make any improvement over my current set-up.

Thanks in anticipation.

mwolf37

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't matter what a product looks like - always audition first!!
emotion-1.gif

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree about auditioning first, but looks do matter...if the wife won't let you have the best-sounding ugly speakers in the living room :)

Sometimes compromises may have to be made to get a new load of metal/wood boxes into the house.

I remember someone saying that a successful marriage was all about compromise....suppose that even stretches to floorstanders and a/v receivers?

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I will definitely audition the AV amp, just looking for pointers on whether to pay a bit more for 1067 against the 767 or Onkyo 608. As for the speakers, I am more than happy with the Tannoys as part of my hi-fi set up and hope that a better AV amp will improve the surround sound.

A

Anonymous

mwolf37:Thanks guys, I will definitely audition the AV amp, just looking for pointers on whether to pay a bit more for 1067 against the 767 or Onkyo 608. As for the speakers, I am more than happy with the Tannoys as part of my hi-fi set up and hope that a better AV amp will improve the surround sound.

The 1067 would be a worthwhile upgrade from the 767 IMO. The chassis design, power supply setup etc. are all different when you go from the 767 to 1067 and above.

I demo-ed these side by side and can confirm it is Defo worth the additonal money.

I would urge to have a listen for yourself though to see if you perceive a difference worth spending the extra cash.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts