AV receiver to match Panasonic DMP BD-55 for HD audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm about to buy the above Blu ray player but I'm unsure about which type of receiver to buy which will receive Dolby HD lossless sound from the player. Would I be right in thinking that it would be a waste of money buying an amp with all the HD audio decoders and upscaling dvd features as the player all ready has these ??

If this is right, can you suggest an amp which will suit the above player please.

I presume the easiest way to connect the player to the amp is hdmi but if the analog outputs on the player delivers the HD audio maybe the hdmi input on an amp is a waste of money too ???

Sorry for the long question

Steele

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi - You're right in that you strictly don't need a HDMI compatible AV receiver as you can connect the analogue outs to the ins on a non HDMI receiver to listen to HD audio.

However, I would still suggest you buy a compliant AV receiver capable of receiving HD audio via HDMI. Simply because you will only require one cable for audio and video as opposed to 9 ((8 outs for sound (if you want 7.1) and 1 HDMI cable for video)) if you took the other route. Also, it will be future proof too. And finally, most all new AV receivers do have HD decoding built in so it would be hard pressed to find a new receiver without HDMI socketry or HD decoding - and they are relatively cheap too.

If you are looking to buy a new model I would recommend the Yahama DSPAX763 (I have one) It does have all the HD necessities - it dosen't upscale though (your player can do this) Its £299.95 at Richer Sounds.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the great advice.

I'll go with the yamaha.

Can you tell me if its noisy while operating, fan noise ??

My kids have a PS3 and it drives me up the wall if watching a movie and the fans ramp up.

Regards,

Steele

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
No worries.

I have had no noise issues with the Yahama - quiet as a mouse, I do however have an issue with my sky hd fan noise so I know where you're coming from, very annoying isn't it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts