Av amp for under £300

Al110

Dec 6, 2008
Visit site
Just upgraded to a Sony BDP-S370 blu-ray player and i need a Av receiver to go with it,is the Sony STR-DH800 the only choice at this price point also isn't this model about to be replaced?

My system is Sony KDL_40W2000 tv,Kef KHT2005.2 speaker system.

A

Anonymous

not sure about the others , but the yamaha has pre-outs for connecting a stereo amp , that might be handy for the op in the future should he wish to add hifi seperates to his system , and the yam originally retailed for £450 , so its nothing if not good value , ive got one and its very good ....

A

Anonymous

Got my pioneer vsx819 for 250.00 delivered off ebay, that was new with warranty off a dealer.

Its got some serious power, I think its 130 per channel and good all rounder, but its only 5.1

Looks sweet as well piano gloss

robstar63

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I've just upgraded to an Onkyo TXSR607 from a 605. I am very pleased with it and it has 6 HDMI sockets to allow for future expansion of your system.

I use it with a Sony BDPS560, a Toshiba HDDVD, PS3 etc and the sound is very good and more powerfull than the 605. It has the additional option of Dolby Pro Logix 2x front height speakers which I have not yet been able to try - most reviewers seem to rate this as a better set up and effect than normal 7.1

The Sony and others do not have this very worthwhile additional feature. It also has 2 subwoofer outputs should you decide to add an extra sub

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts